We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Updating CRF version

Hi

I created a CRF successfully but when I tried to update the version I got the following error message after the “Submit Items” step

The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the following query: INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID, STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES ('v1.1','Pharmacogentics of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Colorectal Disease',1,1,NOW(),1,'Created by Dave Toomey on 29 May 2006')

Is this a bug in OpenClinica or does it indicate a problem with the CRF?

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• ocddocdd Posts: 1
    Have you tried using sysdate instead of NOW()

Thanks

Alamelu Cranganore
    Oracle Clinical Database Developer / Programmer Analyst
    Cardiovascular Coordinating Center / JJ20
    9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Oh 44195

Off: 216-445-1375 Fax: 216-444-8828
    Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:01 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Updating CRF version
    Hi

I created a CRF successfully but when I tried to update the version I got the following error message after the “Submit Items” step

The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the following query: INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID, STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES ('v1.1','Pharmacogentics of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Colorectal Disease',1,1,NOW(),1,'Created by Dave Toomey on 29 May 2006')

Thanks,

Dave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.
    ------------
    Visit us online at our award-winning http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of Cleveland Clinic services, staff and locations from one of the country's leading hospitals.
    ==============================================================================
  • davetdavet Posts: 8
    Hi

I don’t think that is the problem. The SQL was generated by the system which is why I thought it was probably a bug in the system. I should have mentioned that I am using PostgreSQL rather than Oracle. If I run the SQL statement from the query tool it inserts the row correctly. The error refers to FROM clause entry for table “versioning_map” even though the insert statement refers to the table CRF_VERSION. There are no triggers on the CRF_VERSION table that could be doing inserts into the versioning_map table. Also you shouldn’t need a FROM clause in an insert statement.

Thanks

Dave
    Sent: 31 May 2006 12:50
    To: David Toomey; [email protected]
    Subject: RE: [Users] Updating CRF version

Hi,

Thanks

Alamelu Cranganore

Hi

Thanks,

Dave

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.
    ------------
    Visit us online at our award-winning http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of Cleveland Clinic services, staff and locations from one of the country's leading hospitals.
  • sgranitesgranite Posts: 5
    Hi,

The versioning_map table is a join table between the crf_version and the item tables. The insert to that table is in the toNewCRF subroutine of the SpreadSheetTable.java code. Since you are adding a new version of the same CRF to the database, it is probably running the UPDATE ITEM SQL statement. The join table is crucial to that update statement so if data was not inserted to the versioning_map table, the UPDATE fails. Therefore, you may be receiving a “false error”, throwing you off the cause of the real problem.

Stephen J. Granite, M.S.
    Director of Database/Software Development
    Center for Cardiovascular Bioinformatics and Modeling
    Johns Hopkins University
    Clark Hall Room 202
    3400 North Charles Street
    Baltimore, MD 21218-2686
    phone: 410-516-8613
    e-mail: [email protected]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:11 AM

Hi

I don’t think that is the problem. The SQL was generated by the system which is why I thought it was probably a bug in the system. I should have mentioned that I am using PostgreSQL rather than Oracle. If I run the SQL statement from the query tool it inserts the row correctly. The error refers to FROM clause entry for table “versioning_map” even though the insert statement refers to the table CRF_VERSION. There are no triggers on the CRF_VERSION table that could be doing inserts into the versioning_map table. Also you shouldn’t need a FROM clause in an insert statement.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Thanks

Alamelu Cranganore

Hi

Thanks,

Dave

------------
  • Hi,
    Would I be able to be removed from this e-mail list?
    Thanks,
    Leigh Halliday
    Programmer
    NCIC Clinical Trials Group
    Queens University
    Stephen Granite wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    >
    >
    > The versioning_map table is a join table between the crf_version and the item tables. The insert to that table is in the toNewCRF subroutine of the SpreadSheetTable.java code. Since you are adding a new version of the same CRF to the database, it is probably running the UPDATE ITEM SQL statement. The join table is crucial to that update statement so if data was not inserted to the versioning_map table, the UPDATE fails. Therefore, you may be receiving a “false error”, throwing you off the cause of the real problem.
    >
    >
    >
    > Stephen J. Granite, M.S.
    > Director of Database/Software Development
    > Center for Cardiovascular Bioinformatics and Modeling
    > Johns Hopkins University
    > Clark Hall Room 202
    > 3400 North Charles Street
    > Baltimore, MD 21218-2686
    > phone: 410-516-8613
    > e-mail: [email protected]
    >
    >
    > Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:11 AM
    > To: [email protected]
    > Subject: RE: [Users] Updating CRF version
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi
    >
    >
    >
    > I don’t think that is the problem. The SQL was generated by the system which is why I thought it was probably a bug in the system. I should have mentioned that I am using PostgreSQL rather than Oracle. If I run the SQL statement from the query tool it inserts the row correctly. The error refers to FROM clause entry for table “versioning_map” even though the insert statement refers to the table CRF_VERSION. There are no triggers on the CRF_VERSION table that could be doing inserts into the versioning_map table. Also you shouldn’t need a FROM clause in an insert statement.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > From: Cranganore, Alamelu [mailto:[email protected]]
    > Sent: 31 May 2006 12:50
    > To: David Toomey; [email protected]
    > Subject: RE: [Users] Updating CRF version
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you tried using sysdate instead of NOW()
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > Alamelu Cranganore
    >
    > Oracle Clinical Database Developer / Programmer Analyst
    >
    > Cardiovascular Coordinating Center / JJ20
    >
    > 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Oh 44195
    >
    >
    >
    > Off: 216-445-1375 Fax: 216-444-8828
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:01 AM
    > To: [email protected]
    > Subject: [Users] Updating CRF version
    >
    > Hi
    >
    >
    >
    > I created a CRF successfully but when I tried to update the version I got the following error message after the “Submit Items” step
    >
    >
    >
    > The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the following query: INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID, STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES ('v1.1','Pharmacogentics of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Colorectal Disease',1,1,NOW(),1,'Created by Dave Toomey on 29 May 2006')
    >
    >
    >
    > Is this a bug in OpenClinica or does it indicate a problem with the CRF?
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    >
    >
    > Dave
    >
    >
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.
    > ------------
    > Visit us online at our award-winning http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of Cleveland Clinic services, staff and locations from one of the country's leading hospitals.
    > ==============================================================================
    >
    >
  • Jun XuJun Xu Posts: 20
    This error could be caused by various reasons. There might be problems in your CRF spreadsheet, or even problems in the back-end database installation.
    Just from the error message you post, the CRF version was not inserted successfully. The INSERT statement to versioning_map table actually has a sub query which selects crf_version_id from CRF_VERSION table. If you could send me your Tomcat error log and the CRF spreadsheet, I can try to help figuring out the problem.

-Jun
    Hi

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Thanks

Alamelu Cranganore

Hi

Thanks,

Dave

------------
  • monahajmonahaj Posts: 1
    Greetings everyone,

This may have nothing to do with Dave’s current PostgreSQL issue today, however, for the benefit of everyone who is using PostgreSQL, if you’re not already aware of this, a patch issued the other day by the PostgreSQL developers to close a security vulnerability, has also unfortunately caused problems with some PostgreSQL installations.

I just wanted to pass this along as an FYI.

Thanks!
    Jim
    ===========================================================

From URL:
    http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;651119183;fp;2;fpid;1

PostgreSQL fix could break applications
    Matthew Broersma, Techworld.com
    29/05/2006 13:02:26
    PostgreSQL users have been put in a potentially sticky situation by a serious security flaw made public last week.
    The flaw allows for SQL injection attacks, and affects all versions of PostgreSQL, aside from fixed versions released this week. However, the fix, PostgreSQL developers admit, will break many users' applications.
    "Six PostgreSQL programmers worked for four weeks to come up with a method to fix the vulnerability without affecting production applications," said core developer Josh Berkus in documentation published to explain the complex bug. "This was the best we could do - it leaves most users' applications untouched."
    Those using Far Eastern multi-byte encodings such as SJIS, BIG5, GBK, GB18030 and UHC, are out of luck, however, and will need to rework their applications for them to work after applying the patch. Specifically, they will need to remove any nonstandard string escaping mechanisms, such as the popular "backslash-escape", or at least modify them to use SQL-standard escaping, according to Berkus.
    He admitted the modifications would be "painful" for many users.
    Since the update affects client functionality, admins will need to install new drivers. Drivers for most programming languages should be available within days, according to Berkus. Binaries for some platforms should already be available from the PostgreSQL download page.
    Most at risk are PostgreSQL servers that are both exposed to "untrusted input" and use multi-byte encodings such as UTF-8 or SJIS. "Basically, most open source database users with Web applications," said Berkus. In particular danger are those using Far East encodings and using ad-hoc methods to "escape" strings going into the database, such as regexes, or PHP3's addslashes() and magic_quotes, Berkus said.
    "Since these bypass database-specific code for safe handling of strings, many such applications will need to be re-written to become secure," Berkus wrote. "Note that the PHP team deprecated addslashes() and magic_quotes in version 4.0 because of the security risk. Unfortunately, it still appears in a distressing number of freeware PHP applications online."
    The bug is fixed in versions 8.1.4, 8.0.8, 7.4.13 and 7.3.15, released this week and available from PostgreSQL's Web site.
    Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:58 AM

Hi,

The versioning_map table is a join table between the crf_version and the item tables. The insert to that table is in the toNewCRF subroutine of the SpreadSheetTable.java code. Since you are adding a new version of the same CRF to the database, it is probably running the UPDATE ITEM SQL statement. The join table is crucial to that update statement so if data was not inserted to the versioning_map table, the UPDATE fails. Therefore, you may be receiving a “false error”, throwing you off the cause of the real problem.

Stephen J. Granite, M.S.
    Director of Database/Software Development
    Center for Cardiovascular Bioinformatics and Modeling
    Johns Hopkins University
    Clark Hall Room 202
    3400 North Charles Street
    Baltimore, MD 21218-2686
    phone: 410-516-8613
    e-mail: [email protected]

Hi

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Thanks

Alamelu Cranganore

Hi

Thanks,

Dave

------------
    ------------
  • brroachbrroach Posts: 1
    Was there ever a solution to Dave's problem?
    We get the exact same problem trying to update versions, but I'm not sure we are making the proper changes to the crf excel sheet. Under the main CRF sheet tab, I have changed the version field (cell B2), change the filename, and update the revision notes (cell D2). Any ideas or developments?
    thanks,
    Brian
    Hi

I created a CRF successfully but when I tried to update the version I
    got
    the following error message after the "Submit Items" step

The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing
    FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the
    following query:
    INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID,
    STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES
    ('v1.1','Pharmacogentics of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Colorectal
    Disease',1,1,NOW(),1,'Created by Dave Toomey on 29 May 2006')

Is this a bug in OpenClinica or does it indicate a problem with the
    CRF?

Thanks,

Dave
  • davetdavet Posts: 8
    Brian

I didn’t manage to sort this out. I installed the linux version 1.1 but got the same error. Previously I was using the windows 1.0 version. What I found was that I could upload a new version of the CRF as a user other than the one that uploaded the original. I installed Openclinica from scratch and before I added any users or changed passwords or made any other modification to the system I uploaded the CRF as root. When I tried to upload the next version as root I got the error. However if I went in as demo_director I could upload the new version. It was the same when I tried it the other way around.
    The only change I made to the CRF was to edit the version number.

Cheers,

Dave
    Sent: 19 July 2006 19:35

Was there ever a solution to Dave's problem?
    We get the exact same problem trying to update versions, but I'm not sure we are making the proper changes to the crf excel sheet. Under the main CRF sheet tab, I have changed the version field (cell B2), change the filename, and update the revision notes (cell D2). Any ideas or developments?
    thanks,
    Brian
    Hi

I created a CRF successfully but when I tried to update the version I
    got
    the following error message after the "Submit Items" step

The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing
    FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the
    following query:
    INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID,
    STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES
    ('v1.1','Pharmacogentics of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Colorectal
    Disease',1,1,NOW(),1,'Created by Dave Toomey on 29 May 2006')

Is this a bug in OpenClinica or does it indicate a problem with the
    CRF?

Thanks,

Dave
This discussion has been closed.