Unable to login after installation v2.2

Dear OC users,

After lots of hours at the computer, we had to use a mix of files from 2.0.1 (these files were on the actual demonstration video by Paul Galvin) and 2.2. Apparently, there is a disconnect between method of installation of 2.2 vs 2.0.1, as some of the files may/not be present in the downloaded folder.

Specifically we had to use the CRF-database file from the 2.0.1 and use it for 2.2 installation.

Good news is that apparently, we were finally successful in installation of v2.2.

Sad news is that when we do come to the "login" stage where we are supposed to use username: root, and password:12345678, we get the message "Your Username and Password combination could not be found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator".

Paul, please have a video presentation, if possible, for installation of 2.2.

Joshua, it is important that you re-start your computer after uninstalling the sdk and jre prior to the 1st sdk installation. Also follow the exact sequence as Paul demonstrates in his video. May be this will help.

Looking forward to some solutions on how to login (except the obvious root and 1-8 combination, coz it is not working) and/or reset the passwords for first-time logging in.

Thanking you in advance for your time and effort,

Sincerely,

Vishal

Comments

• joshkajoshka Posts: 39
    Glad to get some response concerning my plight. As I said, I'm new to this amazing OpenClinica. I'm still struggling though, at the installation step and I'll explain in detail, may be somebody will help me better then.

I thought I could install the latest v2.2 right away, but I failed. Then I said to myself, I'd install v2.01 first then upgrade. But as the installation guide says, some of the opensource software versions are no longer available. I successifully got jdk-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p.exe and installed it under C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10 fine. During the installation however, I was prompted to install the C:\jre1.5.0_10 (which is not mentioned in the installation manual). Nevertheless, all configs for the Tomcat were done in C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10.

Now, postgresql-8.1.6-1.zip was no longer available, and I said to myself I'll install postgresql-8.1.10-1.zip which is available. The installation went fine, created openclinica db well, ran the "create_db_role.sql" and "create_database_2_0_1_with_data.sql" plus the Datamart stuff with no friction at all. However, pls advise if the "Database Encoding" message I get is normal, where I'm advised to use the "Unicode (UTF8)" whenever I click on the openclinica db from pgAdmin III.

And for Tomcat, "apache-tomcat-5.5.20.exe" was no longer available and so I installed the available apache-tomcat-5.5.25.exe . The rest went fine also.

Unfortunately, after all the configs done religiously well as stipulated in the installation guide, I get the message disappointing message "Your Username and Password combination could not be found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator. " when I use the root , 12345678 login. I'm desperate for a solution, and I'll appreciate knowing what or where I've gone wrong.

Anxiously waiting,
    Joshua

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Vishal S. Narang Ph.D.,MBA wrote:
    Dear OC users,

After lots of hours at the computer, we had to use a mix of files from 2.0.1 (these files were on the actual demonstration video by Paul Galvin) and 2.2. Apparently, there is a disconnect between method of installation of 2.2 vs 2.0.1, as some of the files may/not be present in the downloaded folder.

Specifically we had to use the CRF-database file from the 2.0.1 and use it for 2.2 installation.

Good news is that apparently, we were finally successful in installation of v2.2.

Sad news is that when we do come to the "login" stage where we are supposed to use username: root, and password:12345678, we get the message "Your Username and Password combination could not be found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator".

Joshua, it is important that you re-start your computer after uninstalling the sdk and jre prior to the 1st sdk installation. Also follow the exact sequence as Paul demonstrates in his video. May be this will help.

Looking forward to some solutions on how to login (except the obvious root and 1-8 combination, coz it is not working) and/or reset the passwords for first-time logging in.

Sincerely,

Vishal
  • When I did the OpenClinica install I had the same issue with the username/password. I dug into the PostGres database, and found the root password. It was nothing near 12345678.
    I don't recall how I got to it in PostGres, as I can't even get a login screen to OpenClinica anymore for some unknown reason. I have sent the log results to this forum but very little response except to re-install Apache (which I did, and still have the same issue).
    So, my advice is to dig around in the PostGres databases. There is a user dataset, and it should have "root" with the password.
    Good luck,
    Matt
    Joshua A. Kayiwa wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Glad to get some response concerning my plight. As I said, I'm new to this amazing OpenClinica. I'm still struggling though, at the installation step and I'll explain in detail, may be somebody will help me better then.
    >
    > I thought I could install the latest v2.2 right away, but I failed. Then I said to myself, I'd install v2.01 first then upgrade. But as the installation guide says, some of the opensource software versions are no longer available. I successifully got jdk-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p.exe and installed it under C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10 fine. During the installation however, I was prompted to install the C:\jre1.5.0_10 (which is not mentioned in the installation manual). Nevertheless, all configs for the Tomcat were done in C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10.
    >
    > Now, postgresql-8.1.6-1.zip was no longer available, and I said to myself I'll install postgresql-8.1.10-1.zip which is available. The installation went fine, created openclinica db well, ran the "create_db_role.sql" and "/create_database_2_0_1_with_data.sql" plus the Datamart stuff /with no friction at all. However, pls advise if the "Database Encoding" message I get is normal, where I'm advised to use the "Unicode (UTF8)" whenever I click on the openclinica db from pgAdmin III.
    >
    > And for Tomcat, "apache-tomcat-5.5.20.exe" was no longer available and so I installed the available apache-tomcat-5.5.25.exe . The rest went fine also.
    >
    > Unfortunately, after all the configs done religiously well as stipulated in the installation guide, I get the message disappointing message "Your Username and Password combination could not be found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator. " when I use the root , 12345678 login. I'm desperate for a solution, and I'll appreciate knowing what or where I've gone wrong.
    >
    > Anxiously waiting,
    > Joshua
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Vishal S. Narang Ph.D.,MBA > wrote:
    >
    > Dear OC users,
    > After lots of hours at the computer, we had to use a mix of files
    > from 2.0.1 (these files were on the actual demonstration video by
    > Paul Galvin) and 2.2. Apparently, there is a disconnect between
    > method of installation of 2.2 vs 2.0.1, as some of the files
    > may/not be present in the downloaded folder.
    > Specifically we had to use the CRF-database file from the 2.0.1
    > and use it for 2.2 installation.
    > Good news is that apparently, we were finally successful in
    > installation of v2.2.
    > Sad news is that when we do come to the "login" stage where we are
    > supposed to use username: root, and password:12345678, we get the
    > message "Your Username and Password combination could not be
    > found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please
    > click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator".
    > Paul, please have a video presentation, if possible, for
    > installation of 2.2. Joshua, it is important that you re-start your computer after
    > uninstalling the sdk and jre prior to the 1st sdk installation.
    > Also follow the exact sequence as Paul demonstrates in his video.
    > May be this will help.
    > Looking forward to some solutions on how to login (except the
    > obvious root and 1-8 combination, coz it is not working) and/or
    > reset the passwords for first-time logging in.
    > Thanking you in advance for your time and effort,
    > Sincerely,
    > Vishal
    >
  • Is it possible that you could zip your tomcat log files and send it to us? This can help trouble shooting.

Thanks,

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    tel: 617.621.8585 x.26
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: 27.March.2008 09:16
    To: Vishal S. Narang Ph.D., MBA; users@openclinica.org
    Subject: Re: [Users] Unable to login after installation v2.2

Hi all,

Glad to get some response concerning my plight. As I said, I'm new to this amazing OpenClinica. I'm still struggling though, at the installation step and I'll explain in detail, may be somebody will help me better then.

I thought I could install the latest v2.2 right away, but I failed. Then I said to myself, I'd install v2.01 first then upgrade. But as the installation guide says, some of the opensource software versions are no longer available. I successifully got jdk-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p.exe and installed it under C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10 fine. During the installation however, I was prompted to install the C:\jre1.5.0_10 (which is not mentioned in the installation manual). Nevertheless, all configs for the Tomcat were done in C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10.

Now, postgresql-8.1.6-1.zip was no longer available, and I said to myself I'll install postgresql-8.1.10-1.zip which is available. The installation went fine, created openclinica db well, ran the "create_db_role.sql" and "create_database_2_0_1_with_data.sql" plus the Datamart stuff with no friction at all. However, pls advise if the "Database Encoding" message I get is normal, where I'm advised to use the "Unicode (UTF8)" whenever I click on the openclinica db from pgAdmin III.

And for Tomcat, "apache-tomcat-5.5.20.exe" was no longer available and so I installed the available apache-tomcat-5.5.25.exe . The rest went fine also.

Unfortunately, after all the configs done religiously well as stipulated in the installation guide, I get the message disappointing message "Your Username and Password combination could not be found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator. " when I use the root , 12345678 login. I'm desperate for a solution, and I'll appreciate knowing what or where I've gone wrong.

Anxiously waiting,
    Joshua

Dear OC users,

Sincerely,

Vishal
    Hi Matt,

Yes I can see the User_account table with the root username. The password is encrypted and not easy to understand readily (actually 25d55ad283aa400af464c76d713c07ad). Would you suggest I create another account (say root2) using INSERT INTO USER_ACCOUNT sql code?

Cheers,
    Joshua

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Matt Becker wrote:
    Joshua,
    When I did the OpenClinica install I had the same issue with the
    username/password. I dug into the PostGres database, and found the root
    password. It was nothing near 12345678.
    I don't recall how I got to it in PostGres, as I can't even get a login
    screen to OpenClinica anymore for some unknown reason. I have sent the
    log results to this forum but very little response except to re-install
    Apache (which I did, and still have the same issue).
    So, my advice is to dig around in the PostGres databases. There is a
    user dataset, and it should have "root" with the password.
    Good luck,
    Matt
    Joshua A. Kayiwa wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Glad to get some response concerning my plight. As I said, I'm new to
    > this amazing OpenClinica. I'm still struggling though, at the
    > installation step and I'll explain in detail, may be somebody will
    > help me better then.
    >
    > I thought I could install the latest v2.2 right away, but I failed.
    > Then I said to myself, I'd install v2.01 first then upgrade. But as
    > the installation guide says, some of the opensource software versions
    > are no longer available. I successifully got
    > jdk-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p.exe and installed it under
    > C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10 fine. During the installation however, I was
    > prompted to install the C:\jre1.5.0_10 (which is not mentioned in the
    > installation manual). Nevertheless, all configs for the Tomcat were
    > done in C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10.
    >
    > Now, postgresql-8.1.6-1.zip was no longer available, and I said to
    > myself I'll install postgresql-8.1.10-1.zip
    > which
    > is available. The installation went fine, created openclinica db well,
    > ran the "create_db_role.sql" and
    > "/create_database_2_0_1_with_data.sql" plus the Datamart stuff /with
    > no friction at all. However, pls advise if the "Database Encoding"
    > message I get is normal, where I'm advised to use the "Unicode (UTF8)"
    > whenever I click on the openclinica db from pgAdmin III.
    >
    > And for Tomcat, "apache-tomcat-5.5.20.exe" was no longer available
    > and so I installed the available apache-tomcat-5.5.25.exe
    > .
    > The rest went fine also.
    >
    > Unfortunately, after all the configs done religiously well as
    > stipulated in the installation guide, I get the message disappointing
    > message "Your Username and Password combination could not be found.
    > Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please click
    > "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator. " when I use the root
    > , 12345678 login. I'm desperate for a solution, and I'll appreciate
    > knowing what or where I've gone wrong.
    >
    > Anxiously waiting,
    > Joshua
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Vishal S. Narang Ph.D.,MBA
    > > wrote:
    >
    > Dear OC users,
    >
    > After lots of hours at the computer, we had to use a mix of files
    > from 2.0.1 (these files were on the actual demonstration video by
    > Paul Galvin) and 2.2. Apparently, there is a disconnect between
    > method of installation of 2.2 vs 2.0.1, as some of the files
    > may/not be present in the downloaded folder.
    >
    > Specifically we had to use the CRF-database file from the 2.0.1
    > and use it for 2.2 installation.
    >
    > Good news is that apparently, we were finally successful in
    > installation of v2.2.
    >
    > Sad news is that when we do come to the "login" stage where we are
    > supposed to use username: root, and password:12345678, we get the
    > message "Your Username and Password combination could not be
    > found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please
    > click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator".
    >
    > Paul, please have a video presentation, if possible, for
    > installation of 2.2.
    >
    > Joshua, it is important that you re-start your computer after
    > uninstalling the sdk and jre prior to the 1st sdk installation.
    > Also follow the exact sequence as Paul demonstrates in his video.
    > May be this will help.
    >
    > Looking forward to some solutions on how to login (except the
    > obvious root and 1-8 combination, coz it is not working) and/or
    > reset the passwords for first-time logging in.
    >
    > Thanking you in advance for your time and effort,
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Vishal
    >
    >
    >
    >
    I am attaching the zipped log files I found in the c:\tomcat5 folder. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Joshua

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Yufang Wang wrote:
    Hello Joshua,

Is it possible that you could zip your tomcat log files and send it to us? This can help trouble shooting.

Thanks,

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica

Hi all,

Anxiously waiting,
    Joshua

Dear OC users,

Sincerely,

Vishal
  • You could definitely give that a try... I would have, but as I said I can't even get to the login page anymore...
    Joshua A. Kayiwa wrote:
    > Hi Matt,
    >
    > Yes I can see the User_account table with the root username. The password is encrypted and not easy to understand readily (actually 25d55ad283aa400af464c76d713c07ad). Would you suggest I create another account (say root2) using INSERT INTO USER_ACCOUNT sql code?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Joshua
    >
    >
    >
    > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Matt Becker > wrote:
    >
    > Joshua,
    >
    > When I did the OpenClinica install I had the same issue with the
    > username/password. I dug into the PostGres database, and found
    > the root
    > password. It was nothing near 12345678.
    >
    > I don't recall how I got to it in PostGres, as I can't even get a
    > login
    > screen to OpenClinica anymore for some unknown reason. I have
    > sent the
    > log results to this forum but very little response except to
    > re-install
    > Apache (which I did, and still have the same issue).
    >
    > So, my advice is to dig around in the PostGres databases. There is a
    > user dataset, and it should have "root" with the password.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Matt
    >
    > Joshua A. Kayiwa wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Glad to get some response concerning my plight. As I said, I'm
    > new to
    > > this amazing OpenClinica. I'm still struggling though, at the
    > > installation step and I'll explain in detail, may be somebody will
    > > help me better then.
    > >
    > > I thought I could install the latest v2.2 right away, but I failed.
    > > Then I said to myself, I'd install v2.01 first then upgrade. But as
    > > the installation guide says, some of the opensource software
    > versions
    > > are no longer available. I successifully got
    > > jdk-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p.exe and installed it under
    > > C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10 fine. During the installation however, I was
    > > prompted to install the C:\jre1.5.0_10 (which is not mentioned
    > in the
    > > installation manual). Nevertheless, all configs for the Tomcat were
    > > done in C:\j2sdk1.5.0_10.
    > >
    > > Now, postgresql-8.1.6-1.zip was no longer available, and I said to
    > > myself I'll install postgresql-8.1.10-1.zip
    > >
    >
    > which
    > > is available. The installation went fine, created openclinica db
    > well,
    > > ran the "create_db_role.sql" and
    > > "/create_database_2_0_1_with_data.sql" plus the Datamart stuff /with
    > > no friction at all. However, pls advise if the "Database Encoding"
    > > message I get is normal, where I'm advised to use the "Unicode
    > (UTF8)"
    > > whenever I click on the openclinica db from pgAdmin III.
    > >
    > > And for Tomcat, "apache-tomcat-5.5.20.exe" was no longer available
    > > and so I installed the available apache-tomcat-5.5.25.exe
    > >
    >
    > .
    > > The rest went fine also.
    > >
    > > Unfortunately, after all the configs done religiously well as
    > > stipulated in the installation guide, I get the message
    > disappointing
    > > message "Your Username and Password combination could not be found.
    > > Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please click
    > > "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator. " when I use the
    > root
    > > , 12345678 login. I'm desperate for a solution, and I'll appreciate
    > > knowing what or where I've gone wrong.
    > >
    > > Anxiously waiting,
    > > Joshua
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Vishal S. Narang Ph.D.,MBA
    > >
    > >> wrote:
    > >
    > > Dear OC users,
    > >
    > > After lots of hours at the computer, we had to use a mix of
    > files
    > > from 2.0.1 (these files were on the actual demonstration
    > video by
    > > Paul Galvin) and 2.2. Apparently, there is a disconnect between
    > > method of installation of 2.2 vs 2.0.1, as some of the files
    > > may/not be present in the downloaded folder.
    > >
    > > Specifically we had to use the CRF-database file from the 2.0.1
    > > and use it for 2.2 installation.
    > >
    > > Good news is that apparently, we were finally successful in
    > > installation of v2.2.
    > >
    > > Sad news is that when we do come to the "login" stage where
    > we are
    > > supposed to use username: root, and password:12345678, we
    > get the
    > > message "Your Username and Password combination could not be
    > > found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please
    > > click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator".
    > >
    > > Paul, please have a video presentation, if possible, for
    > > installation of 2.2.
    > >
    > > Joshua, it is important that you re-start your computer after
    > > uninstalling the sdk and jre prior to the 1st sdk installation.
    > > Also follow the exact sequence as Paul demonstrates in his
    > video.
    > > May be this will help.
    > >
    > > Looking forward to some solutions on how to login (except the
    > > obvious root and 1-8 combination, coz it is not working) and/or
    > > reset the passwords for first-time logging in.
    > >
    > > Thanking you in advance for your time and effort,
    > >
    > > Sincerely,
    > >
    > > Vishal
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
  • The message for this trouble is:
    “java.io.FileNotFoundException: nulldatainfo.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)”.

Please go to your catalina_home\conf\Catalina\localhost\OpenClinica.xml file, find the line

Modify value so that it points to properties folder in which your datainfo.properties file is located.

If you use window, the value should be set as
    C:\\your Catalina_home\\webapps\\your openclinia instance name\\properties\
    e.g. C:\\tomcat5\\webapps\\OpenClinica\\properties\

If this can not solve the trouble, let us know and send your new log files please.

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    Sent: 27.March.2008 10:12
    To: users@openclinica.org

Hi Yufang,

I am attaching the zipped log files I found in the c:\tomcat5 folder. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Joshua

Hello Joshua,

Is it possible that you could zip your tomcat log files and send it to us? This can help trouble shooting.

Thanks,

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

Hi all,

Anxiously waiting,
    Joshua

Dear OC users,

Sincerely,

Vishal
    I have changed the .xml file (and I remember I did this initially as specified in the installation guide). Unfortunately the problem persists. Yes, I'm on a windows platform (XP). I'm attaching the .xml file as it currently appears. Do you propose I resend the log files again?

Thanks
    Joshua

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Yufang Wang wrote:
    Hello Joshua,

The message for this trouble is:
    "java.io.FileNotFoundException: nulldatainfo.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)".

Please go to your catalina_home\conf\Catalina\localhost\OpenClinica.xml file, find the line

Modify value so that it points to properties folder in which your datainfo.properties file is located.

If this can not solve the trouble, let us know and send your new log files please.

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

Hi Yufang,

Regards,
    Joshua

Hello Joshua,

Thanks,

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

Hi all,

Anxiously waiting,
    Joshua

Dear OC users,

Sincerely,

Vishal
  • Yufang Wang

Sent: 27.March.2008 12:08
    To: Yufang Wang; users@openclinica.org

Hello Yufang,

I have changed the .xml file (and I remember I did this initially as specified in the installation guide). Unfortunately the problem persists. Yes, I'm on a windows platform (XP). I'm attaching the .xml file as it currently appears. Do you propose I resend the log files again?

Thanks
    Joshua

Hello Joshua,

"java.io.FileNotFoundException: nulldatainfo.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)".

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

Hi Yufang,

Regards,
    Joshua

Hello Joshua,

Thanks,

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

Hi all,

Anxiously waiting,
    Joshua

Dear OC users,

Sincerely,

Vishal
    Ok Yufang,

I have rezipped the tomcat5 log folder and I'm attaching it to this mail once again.

Hope this helps

Joshua

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Yufang Wang wrote:
    Yes, Joshua, please send us logs which record the trouble.

Yufang Wang

Sent: 27.March.2008 12:08
    To: Yufang Wang; users@openclinica.org

Hello Yufang,

Thanks
    Joshua

Hello Joshua,

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

Hi Yufang,

Regards,
    Joshua

Hello Joshua,

Thanks,

Yufang Wang
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

Hi all,

Anxiously waiting,
    Joshua

Dear OC users,

Sincerely,

Vishal
This discussion has been closed.