Akaza Research is hiring for a number of full-time OpenClinica developer positions in its Cambridge, MA office. Please forward this to anyone you know who might be interested. Here are the details:
Akaza Research seeks experienced Java programmers to collaborate with the core development team on the OpenClinica clinical trials management platform (see www.openclinica.org). We are looking for someone who is motivated by the prospect of working on an early open source project that is changing how clinical research is conducted. Candidate should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field. Open source software development, enterprise IT background, and experience working in regulated environments a definite plus.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to [email protected]
and attach a copy of your resume.
Experience with some or all of the following technologies is desired:
• Servlets, JSP, Struts
• Model-driven development
• Web Services and SOA
• XML, XPath, XSLT, XML Schema
• Tomcat and/or JBoss
• SQL & Hibernate
Responsibilities for the position include:
• Work to support existing systems in all stages of development, including planning, documentation, construction, implementation, and release; work to debug and implement new changes to systems as they are prioritized by clients and internal staff.
• Manage multiple projects with changing requirements; maintain contact with clients to provide support or updates to projects as deliverables are met.
• Be willing to get outside one’s comfort zone in dealing with new technologies, standards and applications; be willing to become master of the domain of bioinformatics and open-source technologies.
• Work well with others; this applies to all the players in the IT project spectrum from fellow developers to support staff to the client. This can apply to stakeholders who will work with you both on-site and off. Represent Akaza Research with confidence, ability, tact and enthusiasm.
• Sense of humor--especially on release day!
This position is for a full-time employee at our office in Kendall Square, Cambridge. We are conveniently located near the Kendall Square T stop on the Red Line. No recruiting agencies please.
Salary & Benefits:
Base salary based on experience. Generous benefits include: health insurance, dental insurance, Section 125 plan, and 401k retirement plan.
400 One Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA 02139
tel: 617.621.8585 x.22
Open Source Platform for Clinical Research