Query resolution demonstration?

default values in a crf
We’re potential new users of OpenClinica. The online demonstrations have been very useful, but one area we’d like more information about is query resolution. I was wondering if anyone can point to a live demo online or at least documentation on how it is handled? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    default values in a crf
    Hi Chris,
    There are no online demos apart from the ones that you have already seen. http://www.openclinica.org/OpenClinica/2.5/doc/4_8_discrepancyNotes_Help.html#resolvedn is a link to the help file associated with discrepancy note management for OpenClinica 2.5.x.

In OpenClinica 3.0 we will be including a feature to assign notes to specific users as well as send out email notifications upon the assignment. We will also be locking down the workflow so only Monitors and Data Managers can Open and Close queries, while the other users can only Update or Propose Resolutions to queries.

Thanks,
    Paul
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:08 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Query resolution demonstration?

We’re potential new users of OpenClinica. The online demonstrations have been very useful, but one area we’d like more information about is query resolution. I was wondering if anyone can point to a live demo online or at least documentation on how it is handled? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • cdipierrcdipierr Posts: 4
    default values in a crf
    Paul –

Thanks for the information. I think we have a good understanding now, but one more question has arisen.

Assuming a query results in the change of a data item, obviously that can be noted in the query itself, but it seems as if the field does not obviously show that it previously had a value and now contains another. Is there a way to see this audit trail, or does it have to be done manually in the query thread?
    Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:09 PM
    Subject: RE: [Users] Query resolution demonstration?

Hi Chris,
    There are no online demos apart from the ones that you have already seen. http://www.openclinica.org/OpenClinica/2.5/doc/4_8_discrepancyNotes_Help.html#resolvedn is a link to the help file associated with discrepancy note management for OpenClinica 2.5.x.

In OpenClinica 3.0 we will be including a feature to assign notes to specific users as well as send out email notifications upon the assignment. We will also be locking down the workflow so only Monitors and Data Managers can Open and Close queries, while the other users can only Update or Propose Resolutions to queries.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica

Thanks.

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
    Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.12.0/2066 - Release Date: 04/21/09 08:30:00

Chris DiPierro
    Director of Software Development
    Mi-Co
  • Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    default values in a crf
    Hi Chris,

To resolve a query you do not necessarily have to change the value of the item. The status change of the note can be done separately from updating a value.

If the value does change for an item, you can see it in the Audit Logs for that particular subject. There will be a table of information that shows the old value, the new value, the user who inputted the new value and a timestamp of when the change. The link to the Audit Log can be found on the View Subject page.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:37 PM

Paul –

Thanks for the information. I think we have a good understanding now, but one more question has arisen.

Assuming a query results in the change of a data item, obviously that can be noted in the query itself, but it seems as if the field does not obviously show that it previously had a value and now contains another. Is there a way to see this audit trail, or does it have to be done manually in the query thread?
    Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:09 PM

Hi Chris,

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

Thanks.

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
    Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.12.0/2066 - Release Date: 04/21/09 08:30:00
This discussion has been closed.