We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Filter CRFs by study?

I’m really new to OpenClinica and I’m at the point where I’m creating Studies and CRFs and entering data just to get a feel for how the whole thing works. One thing I can’t figure out is, is there a way to designate a CRF as pertaining to a specific study? I have two mock studies set up, but when I go to the task Administration -> CRFs, I see all the CRFs I’ve created, independent of what study I’m looking at. Am I missing some key point that will allow me to define what CRFs belong to what study prior to creating study events?

Thanks!

Eric Rathman

Comments

• Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    Hi Eric,

What you will want to do is go to the Build Study Page, select the View icon for the Create Event Definitions Task, and then select the Show More link just above the event definitions table. This will show you all the CRFs being used in the study you are currently in.

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    ***To search the archives of the User and Developer Forums, please go to http://www.openclinica.org/page.php?pid=107***
    Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:04 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Filter CRFs by study?

I’m really new to OpenClinica and I’m at the point where I’m creating Studies and CRFs and entering data just to get a feel for how the whole thing works. One thing I can’t figure out is, is there a way to designate a CRF as pertaining to a specific study? I have two mock studies set up, but when I go to the task Administration -> CRFs, I see all the CRFs I’ve created, independent of what study I’m looking at. Am I missing some key point that will allow me to define what CRFs belong to what study prior to creating study events?

Thanks!

Eric Rathman
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    Hi Eric,

If I understand it correctly, you want to assign a CRF to a study. There is however a level in between and that is the Event. This is also called EventDefinition or StudyEventDefinition (SED) and is (more or less) a study visit. If you want to use a CRF in a study, you must first define the EventDefinitions / visits in that study.

If you haven’t done this, click on “Tasks”- “Study setup”-“Build study”.
    Go to step 3 “Create Event Definitions”, click on the + sign and follow the instructions.
    After you have added your Event / visit, you’ll get a list of available CRF’s and you can link any number of them to this Event / visit.

If you already have one or more EventDefinitions in your study, go again to the “Build study” page and now, click on the magnifier-icon in step 3 “Create Event Definitions” and you will get a list of EventDefinitions titled “Manage All Event Definitions in Study X”.
    Click on the pencil-icon (“Edit”) on the right of the EventDefinition / visit you want to assign the CRF to. This opens the edit-form of the Event, with two parts: the upper for editing details about the Event itself and the lower part with the CRF’s associated with this event. Click on the link “Add a New CRF” and follow the instructions.
    Good luck,

Gerben Rienk Visser
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com

Van: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Namens Eric Rathman
    Verzonden: dinsdag 30 maart 2010 16:04
    Aan: [email protected]
    Onderwerp: [Users] Filter CRFs by study?

Thanks!

Eric Rathman
This discussion has been closed.