We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Rules with dates

I'm having trouble uploading a simple date comparison rule. Within the CRF the two variables are both dates and within the rule I am using this I_DATE_MSDIAGNOSIS lt I_DATE_MSSYMPTOMS.
However, upon uploading this rule I see the error OID is not Valid, The OID can only be made of A-Z_0-9 and The Rule you are trying to reference does not exist or is Invalid. The OID is correct.
Please refer to the attached screenshot for more detail.
Thank you for any help.
Jay

Comments

• DJudgeDJudge Posts: 35
    Hello,

I’m trying to create a rule that checks that the date in an item (ITEM_OID_1) is at least 5 days greater than that in another item (ITEM_OID_2).

The expressions I’ve tried are:

ITEM_OID_1 gt (ITEM_OID_2 + 5)
    ITEM_OID_1 gt (ITEM_OID_2 + 432000)
    ITEM_OID_1 gt (ITEM_OID_2 + 0000-00-05)

But they all fail (the rule will not load for the third attempt – which is fair enough); attempt 2 is using seconds instead of days.

(ITEM_OID_1 gt ITEM_OID_2) works, so I know I have the correct syntax etc., but obviously doesn’t contain the +5 days additional condition I require.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Dave
  • billingibillingi Posts: 28
    David,

I don’t think you can perform date arithmetic (i.e. date + 5), only compare dates together (date1 gt date2). I’ve not managed to get it to work either!

More information about dates in rules is given in the OpenClinica Rules Documentation on the Wiki (https://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=ocfeatures:openclinica2.5&s=rules documentation)

Regards,

Ian
    Sent: 15-Nov-2010 12:35
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Rules with Dates

Hello,

I’m trying to create a rule that checks that the date in an item (ITEM_OID_1) is at least 5 days greater than that in another item (ITEM_OID_2).

But they all fail (the rule will not load for the third attempt – which is fair enough); attempt 2 is using seconds instead of days.

(ITEM_OID_1 gt ITEM_OID_2) works, so I know I have the correct syntax etc., but obviously doesn’t contain the +5 days additional condition I require.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Dave
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 820 ✭✭✭
    Hi David,

Yes, you can do that (starting from 3.0)
    The thing is that you must leave out the parentheses, so

ITEM_OID_1 – ITEM_OID_2 gt 5

should do the trick, if IfExpressionEvaluates=“true”
    Hope this helps,

Gerben Rienk Visser
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com

Van: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Namens David Judge
    Verzonden: maandag 15 november 2010 12:35
    Aan: [email protected]
    Onderwerp: [Users] Rules with Dates

Hello,

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Dave
  • DJudgeDJudge Posts: 35
    Hi Gerben,

Yes that works! A clever rearrangement.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Sent: 15 November 2010 17:41
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: RE: [Users] Rules with Dates

Hi David,

Yes, you can do that (starting from 3.0)
    The thing is that you must leave out the parentheses, so

ITEM_OID_1 – ITEM_OID_2 gt 5

should do the trick, if IfExpressionEvaluates=“true”
    Hope this helps,

Gerben Rienk Visser
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com

Van: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Namens David Judge
    Verzonden: maandag 15 november 2010 12:35
    Aan: [email protected]
    Onderwerp: [Users] Rules with Dates

Hello,

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Dave
  • zirbyclinicazirbyclinica Posts: 29
    Dear developers,
    I made one rule to compare two dates between two different visit (events) in my study.

SE_VISIT3DAY141.F_PATIENTQUEST_506_V11.IG_PATIE_UNGROUPED_398.I_PATIE_SV3_QUEST_DT_2262

This date must be greater then the date last visit

Difference date
    SE_VISIT3DAY141.F_PATIENTQUEST_506_V11.IG_PATIE_UNGROUPED_398.I_PATIE_SV3_QUEST_DT_2262 gt SE_VISIT2DAY71.F_PATIENTQUEST_968_V11.IG_PATIE_UNGROUPED_398.I_PATIE_SV2_QUEST_DT_6253

I_PATIE_SV2_QUEST_DT_6253 = Date
    I_PATIE_SV3_QUEST_DT_2262 = Date
    No invalid remarks, BUT it does not work!!
    Can anyone help me to compare two dates,
    Thanks in advance.
    Christian
    PS: sorry for last send David
This discussion has been closed.