We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

New CRF creation not working

Hi, I am (very) new to openclinica with no background in code writing or the like. So far in setting up our study we have managed to upload one CRF. A modified version of this is needed for other events in the study but this is not letting me upload is. The error message coming up is that data is missing from row 2 of the sections tab but all data to my (limited) knowledge appears to be in the correct place. The problem is likely to be something very obvious to the trained eye but I cannot seem to get it to find it/get it to work. I have taken over setting up the study from a colleague who has now ceased employment with no handover provided. Further to this CRF upload I am hoping to import data for the study as it has commenced using our old system but again I do not have the required IT knowledge to understand the help responses (though very willing to learn).
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Yasmine

Attachments:
F_HEAL_DATA_CR_DS1_0.xlsx 31.3 KB

Comments

• sneha2sneha2 Posts: 36
    Yasmine,
    Try deleting the rows in the .xls sheet which are showing error.. It worked at my end.
    Sneha
    On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Yasmine Probst wrote:
    Hi, I am (very) new to openclinica with no background in code writing or the like. So far in setting up our study we have managed to upload one CRF. A modified version of this is needed for other events in the study but this is not letting me upload is. The error message coming up is that data is missing from row 2 of the sections tab but all data to my (limited) knowledge appears to be in the correct place. The problem is likely to be something very obvious to the trained eye but I cannot seem to get it to find it/get it to work. I have taken over setting up the study from a colleague who has now ceased employment with no handover provided. Further to this CRF upload I am hoping to import data for the study as it has commenced using our old system but again I do not have the required IT knowledge to understand the help responses (though very willing to learn).
    Yasmine
  • Hi Yasmine,
    Can i know what version of openclinica you are using.
    It would be great helpfull if you provide the version of OC.
    Warm Regards,
    Nagendra Kumar
    On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Yasmine Probst wrote:
    Yasmine
  • Hi Yasmine,
    Try to correct the following items in the CRF (in the Items sheet):
    * Rows number 24 and 25 should contain "Item name","Description Label","Left Item Text" and "Section Label", besides row 25 cannot the "Question Number" value as 1 , it should 24.
    * The "Response Label" field is different than the "Response Options Text", I'm not sure what values are allowed in this field but I suggest you should use a single word as a label.
    The CRF worked for me after these modifications.
    On 30 March 2011 05:58, Yasmine Probst wrote:
    Yasmine
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    Hi again Yasmine,

By the way, from your description of the error messages you seem to be working in an ancient version. You should ask your support people to upgrade to version 3.0.4.1 .

Regards

Krister
    Sent: 30 March 2011 05:58
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] New CRF creation not working

Yasmine
    Hi again Yasmine,

By the way, from your description of the error messages you seem to be working in an ancient version. You should ask your support people to upgrade to version 3.0.4.1 .

Regards

Krister

Yasmine
    Yasmine,

Now I noticed that you had two questions. The second question about import. It is not clear from your message if your data is in OpenClinica or not. If it is in OpenClinica then you should be able to just upgrade, unless your system is very old. If not you will have to ask someone to help you get the data exported in XML format and the help you edit this file to suit your new CRF in OpenClinica. Hope this makes sense J

Regards

Krister

Yasmine
    Yasmine,

Now I noticed that you had two questions. The second question about import. It is not clear from your message if your data is in OpenClinica or not. If it is in OpenClinica then you should be able to just upgrade, unless your system is very old. If not you will have to ask someone to help you get the data exported in XML format and the help you edit this file to suit your new CRF in OpenClinica. Hope this makes sense J

Regards

Krister

Yasmine
  • Hi Yasmine,

* Rows number 24 and 25 should contain "Item name","Description Label","Left Item Text" and "Section Label", besides row 25 cannot the "Question Number" value as 1 , it should 24.
    * The "Response Label" field is different than the "Response Options Text", I'm not sure what values are allowed in this field but I suggest you should use a single word as a label.

Sent: 30 مارس, 2011 05:58 ص

Yasmine
  • Hi Yasmine,

Sent: 30 مارس, 2011 05:58 ص

Yasmine
    Hi Yasmine,

I attach a working CRF in ZIP format. The problem was that you had used some illegal characters in the ITEM NAME column such as % and – (dash). ITEM NAME only allows numbers and letters as well as the _ . All other characters will cause problem.The spread sheet was further not in an Office 97-2003 format which caused some extra problems . Other than this the worksheet works very well!

Good luck

Regards

Krister

Yasmine

Attachments:
    Heal CRF.zip 18.1 KB
This discussion has been closed.