We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

Date problems

Hello,
I am running O.C. 2.5.3 and am having the following problem. It seems that the data base changes the values of the Month and date when entered giving incorrect values. It seems this is a systematic error where for example when you enter a date like DD/MM/YYYY as in 09/02/2010, the data base registers MM/DD-1/YYYY as in month and day are changed but also there is a reduction in the value of the month less one so our example here is registered as 09/01/2010.
From the above you can see that the date 09 becomes the month but value remains the same, however the month which now has become the date has its value reduced by one in the database.
I guess the database has the American system of dating while our CRFs used the British system but still, the reduction by one of the value of the month/day is still an error.
It also seems that where the value may have been entered as for example 23/10/2009, since the 23 is more than the expected value of a month, the value is coded as 98 in the data base. giving 98/09/2009.
Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to fix this? I have ~1700 patients and multiple forms and would prefer to avoid data re-entry if possible. I thought maybe a rule would fix this, but wanted to verify before I made the changes.
Thanks,
--
Alicia Guidry
[email protected]

Comments

• Hi Alicia,

You are experiencing a known issue in versions up to 2.5.4 that was posted on our wiki page on March 31, 2009.

https://wiki.openclinica.com/doku.php?id=ocknownissues:openclinica2.5.4ki#users_using_the_spanish_french_or_italian_version_of_openclinica

This issue applied to any one who could potentially be using the European date format. The underlying issue was resolved in 2.5.5 where dates will always be stored in the U.S. date format. In the latest version of OpenClinica, the date format is ISO 8601 to avoid all confusion.

What you need to do is figure out all of the dates that could have been entered in a CRF from a user in the European country and then write a SQL script to update just those values to the U.S. date format.

Thanks,
    Paul
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    OpenClinica
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.com
    Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:03 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Date problems

Hello,

I am running O.C. 2.5.3 and am having the following problem. It seems that the data base changes the values of the Month and date when entered giving incorrect values. It seems this is a systematic error where for example when you enter a date like DD/MM/YYYY as in 09/02/2010, the data base registers MM/DD-1/YYYY as in month and day are changed but also there is a reduction in the value of the month less one so our example here is registered as 09/01/2010.

From the above you can see that the date 09 becomes the month but value remains the same, however the month which now has become the date has its value reduced by one in the database.

I guess the database has the American system of dating while our CRFs used the British system but still, the reduction by one of the value of the month/day is still an error.

It also seems that where the value may have been entered as for example 23/10/2009, since the 23 is more than the expected value of a month, the value is coded as 98 in the data base. giving 98/09/2009.

Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to fix this? I have ~1700 patients and multiple forms and would prefer to avoid data re-entry if possible. I thought maybe a rule would fix this, but wanted to verify before I made the changes.

Thanks,

--
    Alicia Guidry
    [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.