OpenClinica 3.1 @ iPad?

I can see there has been some conversation regarding the use of OpenClinca on an iPad. The latest thread is close to half a year old, so new findings may have occured meanwhile. So, is there anyone having an iPad, latest edition, who has tried using OpenClinica 3.1? If so, what is your verdict on using the iPad for data collection in OpenClinica?
Best regards,
Janus

Comments

• Tom HickersonTom Hickerson Posts: 157
    Hi Janus,

I don't know about the iPad, but several sessions at our conference were related to data collection with the Android-based operating system, using a tablet. Be sure to look for the videos from the conference to be posted online soon.

Best, Tom

Tom Hickerson | Senior Tier-2 Engineer
    [email protected]
    Register now for the 2012 OpenClinica Conference!
    http://community.openclinica.com/conference
  • szeidelmszeidelm Posts: 5
    The main drawback about the iPad is that the supported browsers for OpenClinica are not available to the iPad.

You may have some luck getting Atomic Browser to work (3rd-party browser, you can tell it to “appear” as Firefox, IE, etc). But until they support Safari as an official browser certain pieces of OpenClinica will not work on an iPad. If you already have one though, you can give Atomic Browser a try.

Android tablets have better luck, you can get Firefox for them.

Michael Szeidel
    Information Technologist
    Biomedical Research and Informatics Core (BRIC)
    Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI)
    Michigan State University
    Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 5:27 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: RE: [Users] OpenClinica 3.1 @ iPad?

Hi Janus,

I don't know about the iPad, but several sessions at our conference were related to data collection with the Android-based operating system, using a tablet. Be sure to look for the videos from the conference to be posted online soon.

Best, Tom

Tom Hickerson | Senior Tier-2 Engineer
    [email protected]
    Register now for the 2012 OpenClinica Conference!
    http://community.openclinica.com/conference
    Sent: Mon 4/30/2012 16:26
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] OpenClinica 3.1 @ iPad?
    I can see there has been some conversation regarding the use of OpenClinca on an iPad. The latest thread is close to half a year old, so new findings may have occured meanwhile. So, is there anyone having an iPad, latest edition, who has tried using OpenClinica 3.1? If so, what is your verdict on using the iPad for data collection in OpenClinica?
    Best regards,
    Janus
This discussion has been closed.