We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Translating data into spss

Dear All

I have exported the data into spss. I have also selected event date as a part of field to be exported. But when I run spss syntax generated after the export, the column of the filed eventdate has all blank dates. If I open the exported .dat file in the word pad, I do see the event dates. Also if I open the .dat file in excel, I get all the event dates in the column. Once I save this excel file and open it in spss, and then I see all the event dates. I am attaching the relevant files. Why I get the event dates as blanks when I run spss syntax directly is a mystery, which I hope some one will throw light on.

Best regards
------
Charu Joglekar
Sr Statistician
Diabetes Unit
King Edward memorial Hospital Research Centre
Pune 411011
INDIA

Phone: +91-20-66405731
Mobile: +91-9822874350
Fax : +91-20-26111958
www.kemdiabetes.org

Attachments:
18YR-ANTH_spss.zip 1.7 KB

Comments

• ctreptectrepte Posts: 100
    Dear Charu,
    The reason why dates are not imported correctly is in the different date formats in the .dat file and the .sps file:
    The .dat file contains dates in searchable format whereas the .sps file expects American date format. If you change all ADATE to SDATE in the the spss syntax (search&replace) then it should work.
    This was of a number of issues reported for OC 3.1.1. in the issue tracker #0010870. Some of them might have been fixed in the OC version you are using. Just double check your import.
    Best regards
    Claudia Trepte
    Data Manager
    Sequana Medical AG
    Am 4/19/2013 8:01 AM, schrieb Charu Joglekar:
    >
    > Dear All
    >
    >
    >
    > I have exported the data into spss. I have also selected event date as a part of field to be exported. But when I run spss syntax generated after the export, the column of the filed eventdate has all blank dates. If I open the exported .dat file in the word pad, I do see the event dates. Also if I open the .dat file in excel, I get all the event dates in the column. Once I save this excel file and open it in spss, and then I see all the event dates. I am attaching the relevant files. Why I get the event dates as blanks when I run spss syntax directly is a mystery, which I hope some one will throw light on.
    >
    >
    >
    > Best regards
    > ------
    > Charu Joglekar
    > Sr Statistician
    > Diabetes Unit
    > King Edward memorial Hospital Research Centre
    > Pune 411011
    >
    > INDIA
    >
    >
    >
    > Phone: +91-20-66405731
    > Mobile: +91-9822874350
    > Fax : +91-20-26111958
    > www.kemdiabetes.org
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
  • charudattacharudatta Posts: 42
    Dear Claudia

It works. That’s terrific.

Thank you very much!

Best regards
    ------
    Charu Joglekar
    Sr Statistician
    Diabetes Unit
    Pune 411011
    INDIA

www.kemdiabetes.org
    Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 3:10 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Translating data into spss

Dear Charu,
    The reason why dates are not imported correctly is in the different date formats in the .dat file and the .sps file:
    The .dat file contains dates in searchable format whereas the .sps file expects American date format. If you change all ADATE to SDATE in the the spss syntax (search&replace) then it should work.
    This was of a number of issues reported for OC 3.1.1. in the issue tracker #0010870. Some of them might have been fixed in the OC version you are using. Just double check your import.
    Best regards
    Claudia Trepte
    Data Manager
    Sequana Medical AG
    Am 4/19/2013 8:01 AM, schrieb Charu Joglekar:
    Dear All

I have exported the data into spss. I have also selected event date as a part of field to be exported. But when I run spss syntax generated after the export, the column of the filed eventdate has all blank dates. If I open the exported .dat file in the word pad, I do see the event dates. Also if I open the .dat file in excel, I get all the event dates in the column. Once I save this excel file and open it in spss, and then I see all the event dates. I am attaching the relevant files. Why I get the event dates as blanks when I run spss syntax directly is a mystery, which I hope some one will throw light on.

Best regards
    ------
    Charu Joglekar
    Sr Statistician
    Diabetes Unit
    Pune 411011
    INDIA

www.kemdiabetes.org