Double data entry issue

Dear Users and Developers
Greetings!!

In a site, I have two users, u1s1_Test and u2s1_Test.

Using u1s1_Test, For a subject, I have completed all the events and marked them as complete. Now I want to do double data entry using u2s1_Test.

When I click , begin double data entry, no page comes up and when I refresh the page( after waiting for around 3 minutes ), it says like below.

This CRF is currently unavailable for data entry. u2s1_Test is currently entering data. Once they leave the CRF, you will be allowed to enter data.
I don't understand , why this is coming up.

If any one else has faced this problem. please share the solution.
Thanks and Regards
Manoj

Comments

• Manoj SoniManoj Soni Posts: 163
    Greetings!!

Using u1s1_Test, For a subject, I have completed all the events and marked them as complete. Now I want to do double data entry using u2s1_Test.

When I click , begin double data entry, no page comes up and when I refresh the page( after waiting for around 3 minutes ), it says like below.

This CRF is currently unavailable for data entry. u2s1_Test is currently entering data. Once they leave the CRF, you will be allowed to enter data.

Thanks and Regards
    Manoj
  • albelomalbelom Posts: 19
    I have also seen this happen between DE users. Not sure what the known issue is but it’s definitely a problem. I’m a Data Manager in the study and I was able to go into the CRF and finish the entry but they couldn’t. We are using version 3.1.2 here.

Maria R. Albelo, MA
    Senior Data Management Associate
    Molecular NeuroImaging, LLC (MNI)
    Institute for Neurodegenerative Disorders (IND)
    P Please consider the environment before printing this email
    Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:41 AM
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Double data entry issue

Greetings!!

Thanks and Regards
    Manoj
    This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 378 admin
    Manoj and Maria,
    There is a 'locking' mechanism in OpenClinica so two users can not edit the same event CRF at the same time. The problems with the lock sometimes not being released issue were supposedly fixed in 3.1 (http://jira.openclinica.com:8081/browse/OC-561). Can you provide more information on the scenario(s) where you see this happen? If you wait longer than 3 minutes, does the lock release and allow you to enter data?
    Thanks,
    Cal
    On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Maria Albelo wrote:
    I have also seen this happen between DE users. Not sure what the known issue is but it’s definitely a problem. I’m a Data Manager in the study and I was able to go into the CRF and finish the entry but they couldn’t. We are using version 3.1.2 here.

Maria R. Albelo, MA

Greetings!!

Thanks and Regards
    Manoj
    This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
  • Manoj SoniManoj Soni Posts: 163
    I will check and get back to you.
    Thanks and Regards

Manoj
    On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 2:13 AM, Cal Collins wrote:
    Manoj and Maria,
    There is a 'locking' mechanism in OpenClinica so two users can not edit the same event CRF at the same time. The problems with the lock sometimes not being released issue were supposedly fixed in 3.1 (http://jira.openclinica.com:8081/browse/OC-561). Can you provide more information on the scenario(s) where you see this happen? If you wait longer than 3 minutes, does the lock release and allow you to enter data?
    Thanks,
    Cal
    On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Maria Albelo wrote:

Maria R. Albelo, MA

Greetings!!

Thanks and Regards
    Manoj
This discussion has been closed.