We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Question on rules on checkboxes

Hi OpenClinica users.
I have one question, about a rule I don't know how to make.
My question goes. If I have a list of checkboxes and let say the last option is others. Then below the checkboxes I have a text field.
Then I have 2 rules, one that says. If other is filled in the ckeckbox the text filed must be filled out. And I have a rule saying, if the other text field is filled out, other must be marked in the list.
I don't have problems with the first rule and I can get the last rule to work by:
textfield ne "" and checkbox ne 7
But my problem with this rule is if I have multiple options in the checkbox and the result i.e. would be (1 and 7) then this rule will still fire even though it should be okay because 7 is selected.
So how do I make a rule that just says if one of the values in the list is 7 and not like now that the only value must be 7.
Regards Anders

Comments

• cpmasesacpmasesa Posts: 106
    Dear Anders,
    Try textfield ne "" and checkbox ct "7"
    "ct"stands for contains.
    Kind regards,
    Clemens
    On 20/01/2011 14:38, Putte Hans wrote:
    > Hi OpenClinica users.
    >
    > I have one question, about a rule I don't know how to make.
    >
    >
    >
    > My question goes. If I have a list of checkboxes and let say the last option is others. Then below the checkboxes I have a text field.
    >
    > Then I have 2 rules, one that says. If other is filled in the ckeckbox the text filed must be filled out. And I have a rule saying, if the other text field is filled out, other must be marked in the list.
    >
    > I don't have problems with the first rule and I can get the last rule to work by:
    > textfield ne "" and checkbox ne 7
    >
    > But my problem with this rule is if I have multiple options in the checkbox and the result i.e. would be (1 and 7) then this rule will still fire even though it should be okay because 7 is selected.
    >
    > So how do I make a rule that just says if one of the values in the list is 7 and not like now that the only value must be 7.
    >
    > Regards Anders
    >
    >
  • arohdearohde Posts: 48
    Thanks Clemens,

That was just the command I was looking for. Where did you find it? I couln't find it in the normal rule specification sheet?

Regards,
    Anders
    2011/1/20 Clemens Masesa
    Dear Anders,
    "ct"stands for contains.
    Kind regards,
    Clemens
    > Hi OpenClinica users.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > My question goes. If I have a list of checkboxes and let say the last option is others. Then below the checkboxes I have a text field.
    >
    > Then I have 2 rules, one that says. If other is filled in the ckeckbox the text filed must be filled out. And I have a rule saying, if the other text field is filled out, other must be marked in the list.
    >
    > I don't have problems with the first rule and I can get the last rule to work by:
    >
    > But my problem with this rule is if I have multiple options in the checkbox and the result i.e. would be (1 and 7) then this rule will still fire even though it should be okay because 7 is selected.
    >
    > So how do I make a rule that just says if one of the values in the list is 7 and not like now that the only value must be 7.
    >
    > Regards Anders
    >
    >
    Thanks Clemens,

That was just the command I was looking for. Where did you find it? I couln't find it in the normal rule specification sheet?

Regards,
    Anders
    2011/1/20 Clemens Masesa
    Dear Anders,
    "ct"stands for contains.
    Kind regards,
    Clemens
    > Hi OpenClinica users.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Regards Anders
    >
    >
    Thanks Clemens,

Regards,
    Anders
    2011/1/20 Clemens Masesa
    Dear Anders,
    "ct"stands for contains.
    Kind regards,
    Clemens
    > Hi OpenClinica users.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Regards Anders
    >
    >
  • cpmasesacpmasesa Posts: 106
    Hi Anders,
    I have been seeing this same thing lately on the list.
    It helped me just a few days ago and so I am just passing it on, standing on the shoulders of giants....
    Kind regards,
    Clemens
    On 20/01/2011 18:07, Putte Hans wrote:
    > Thanks Clemens,
    >
    > That was just the command I was looking for. Where did you find it? I couln't find it in the normal rule specification sheet?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anders
    >
    > 2011/1/20 Clemens Masesa
    >
    > Dear Anders,
    >
    > Try textfield ne "" and checkbox ct "7"
    >
    > "ct"stands for contains.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Clemens
    >
    >
    > On 20/01/2011 14:38, Putte Hans wrote:
    >> Hi OpenClinica users.
    >>
    >> I have one question, about a rule I don't know how to make.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> My question goes. If I have a list of checkboxes and let say the last option is others. Then below the checkboxes I have a text field.
    >>
    >> Then I have 2 rules, one that says. If other is filled in the ckeckbox the text filed must be filled out. And I have a rule saying, if the other text field is filled out, other must be marked in the list.
    >>
    >> I don't have problems with the first rule and I can get the last rule to work by:
    >> textfield ne "" and checkbox ne 7
    >>
    >> But my problem with this rule is if I have multiple options in the checkbox and the result i.e. would be (1 and 7) then this rule will still fire even though it should be okay because 7 is selected.
    >>
    >> So how do I make a rule that just says if one of the values in the list is 7 and not like now that the only value must be 7.
    >>
    >> Regards Anders
    >>
    >>
    Do any one know if there is also a reverse command like nct avaliable?
    Regards, Anders
    2011/1/20 Clemens Masesa
    Hi Anders,
    I have been seeing this same thing lately on the list.
    It helped me just a few days ago and so I am just passing it on, standing on the shoulders of giants....
    Kind regards,
    Clemens
    On 20/01/2011 18:07, Putte Hans wrote:
    > Thanks Clemens,
    >
    > That was just the command I was looking for. Where did you find it? I couln't find it in the normal rule specification sheet?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anders
    >
    > 2011/1/20 Clemens Masesa
    >
    > Dear Anders,
    >
    > Try textfield ne "" and checkbox ct "7"
    >
    > "ct"stands for contains.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Clemens
    >
    >
    > On 20/01/2011 14:38, Putte Hans wrote:
    >> Hi OpenClinica users.
    >>
    >> I have one question, about a rule I don't know how to make.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> My question goes. If I have a list of checkboxes and let say the last option is others. Then below the checkboxes I have a text field.
    >>
    >> Then I have 2 rules, one that says. If other is filled in the ckeckbox the text filed must be filled out. And I have a rule saying, if the other text field is filled out, other must be marked in the list.
    >>
    >> I don't have problems with the first rule and I can get the last rule to work by:
    >> textfield ne "" and checkbox ne 7
    >>
    >> But my problem with this rule is if I have multiple options in the checkbox and the result i.e. would be (1 and 7) then this rule will still fire even though it should be okay because 7 is selected.
    >>
    >> So how do I make a rule that just says if one of the values in the list is 7 and not like now that the only value must be 7.
    >>
    >> Regards Anders
    >>
    >>
  • Hi OpenClinica users,
    I have a list of checkboxes and the last option (7) is “other”. Then below the checkboxes I have a text field.
    If “other” is filled in the ckeckbox the text field must be filled out.
    If I write:
    checkbox eq “7” and textfield eq “ ”
    it works properly if the only selected value is “other”.
    But the problem with this rule is if I have multiple options in the checkbox and the result i.e. would be (1 and 7) then this rule will still fire even though it should be okay because 7 is selected.
    So how do I make a rule that just says if one of the values is 7 and not like now that the only value must be 7 ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Chiara

Descrizione: cid:[email protected]
    Dott.ssa Chiara Venerelli – Product Manager

Hippocrates Sintech
    Via XX Settembre 30/4 - 16121 Genova
    Tel. +39 010 5454877
    Cell. +39 340 9830760
    Fax. +39 010 5454837
    www.hippocrates-sintech.it
    twitter.com/HSintech
    instagram.com/hsintech
    [email protected]

This email and any attachments are confidential, legally privileged and protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited.
    If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and then delete the email completely from your system. This email and any attachments have been scanned for viruses, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to conduct their own security measures and no responsibility is accepted by Hippocrates Sintech for loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this email. No responsibility is accepted by Hippocrates Sintech for personal email, or email unconnected with the firm's or clients' business.
  • lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if its CRF regex only, but try the ct (contains) operator, like ' checkbox ct 7'
    Best regards,
    Lindsay
    On Sep 5, 2013 11:23 PM, "Chiara Venerelli - Hippocrates Sintech" wrote:
    Hi OpenClinica users,
    I have a list of checkboxes and the last option (7) is “other”. Then below the checkboxes I have a text field.
    If “other” is filled in the ckeckbox the text field must be filled out.
    If I write:
    checkbox eq “7” and textfield eq “ ”
    it works properly if the only selected value is “other”.
    But the problem with this rule is if I have multiple options in the checkbox and the result i.e. would be (1 and 7) then this rule will still fire even though it should be okay because 7 is selected.
    So how do I make a rule that just says if one of the values is 7 and not like now that the only value must be 7 ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Chiara

Descrizione: cid:[email protected]
    Dott.ssa Chiara Venerelli – Product Manager

Hippocrates Sintech
    Via XX Settembre 30/4 - 16121 Genova
    Tel. +39 010 5454877
    Cell. +39 340 9830760
    Fax. +39 010 5454837
    www.hippocrates-sintech.it
    twitter.com/HSintech
    instagram.com/hsintech
    [email protected]

This email and any attachments are confidential, legally privileged and protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited.
    If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and then delete the email completely from your system. This email and any attachments have been scanned for viruses, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to conduct their own security measures and no responsibility is accepted by Hippocrates Sintech for loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this email. No responsibility is accepted by Hippocrates Sintech for personal email, or email unconnected with the firm's or clients' business.
This discussion has been closed.