We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

OCDataImporter

rbadrawirbadrawi Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Hi, 
I am not sure this is the right forum for the question. If not, let me know. 

I was trying to use the OCDataImporter to upload a study in tab delimited format. I created the CRF, and the basic settings in the program seem OK. However, running the program will break and throw a null exception. Basically, the XML file is generated until it reaches a specific point where it breaks, with the message: 
Exception while reading data file: System.NullReferenceException: Object
Object reference not set to an instance of an object at OCDataImporter.Form1.DoWork ()

The point is that each data item has a value in my spreadsheet (i.e. no nulls), and I do not understand what causes this exception to be thrown. Any tips are appreciated. 

2) The OCDataImporter requests some time stamps: date of birth, date, study date. My dataset does not have some of these. I am wondering if the importer will (eventually) break because of that. This is not related to the exception mentioned above, however. 
Post edited by bbaumann on
Tagged:

Comments

• parlayanparlayan Posts: 139
    via Email
    Hi,
    The version of OCDataImporter at the tools site of OpenClinica is out of
    date. I have sent new versions but the site is not updated.
    The current version is 4.3 and it is much more improved and also much more
    stable.
    If you are interested I can send you the newest version.
    I need an email adress to send it via WETRANSFER.
    Regards, Cuneyt.
  • rbadrawirbadrawi Posts: 9
    Thanks Cuneyt. I have sent you a message. 
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 382 admin
    via Email
    Hi Cuneyt,

Can you also send me the latest version? I'll put it up on the site (I'm on
    vacation this week so it may not be until after I get back).

Thanks,
    Cal
  • rbadrawirbadrawi Posts: 9

Hi Cuneyt & Everyone, 

I am still getting the same exception. I am wondering, as I mentioned in my first post, if the null reference exception is thrown if you do not have a 'Subject Start Date' set for the study (which I do not). Any tips appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.