31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

HTTP 404 error at http://localhost:8080/OpenClinica

I install OpenClinica (on Windows 7 32-bit) and try to open http://localhost:8080/OpenClinica. But get error HTTP 404.

Text in C:\oc\tomcat\logs\localhost.2014-12-23.log:

Dec 23, 2014 4:21:23 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStop
SEVERE: Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class org.akaza.openclinica.control.OCServletContextListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'viewNotesService' defined in class path resource [org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-service.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'viewNotesDao' while setting bean property 'viewNotesDao'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'viewNotesDao' defined in class path resource [org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-hibernate.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'queryStore' while setting bean property 'queryStore'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'queryStore' defined in class path resource [org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-db.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanInitializationException: Unable to read datasource information; nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory

What is wrong?

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

First of log into Tomcat an select "manager webapp" and logon using the username and password that you created during installation. If you can't log in, check that OpenClinica is actually running. If not Select "Configure Tomcat"  and start Tomcat

Check if OpenClinica has a status code  "True" if not try to reboot your system.

Good luck!

• adr_adadr_ad Posts: 4

kristiak said:

First of log into Tomcat an select "manager webapp" and logon using the username and password that you created during installation.

How to log into Tomcat? Do you mean configuration tab "Log On"? In this tab radiobutton 'Local System account' is checked and 'Allow service to interact with desktop' is unchecked.

I dont't create any users during installation tomcat. I install it according this instruction https://github.com/OpenClinica/OpenClinica/wiki/Install-OpenClinica-3.4-on-Windows#d-install-tomcat

In the Services list there is Apache Tomcat 7.0 Tomcat7 running (with Local system login).

kristiak said:

check that OpenClinica is actually running.

How to check that OpenClinica is actually running?
  • GuppiGuppi Posts: 14
    edited December 2014
    adr_ad said:
    [org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-service.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'viewNotesDao' while setting bean property 'viewNotesDao'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'viewNotesDao' defined in class path resource 

I can advice to reinstall the OC.. Looks like default OC structure was changed or... Did you provide some changes for tomcat folder(folders) owners?   

Best, Guppi
    Guppi said:
    I can advice to reinstall the OC.. Looks like default OC structure was changed or... Did you provide some changes for tomcat folder(folders) owners?   
    No, i did not. I only change permissions for postgresql data folder.

• GuppiGuppi Posts: 14
    edited December 2014
    adr_ad said:
    Guppi said:
    No, i did not. I only change permissions for postgresql data folder.

I reproduced issue like was described above.. Could you try to create database with name 'localhost' and role 'clinica' and restart tomcat? If it doesn't help, add please some details from the log file (there are should be more info after 'Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory')
    I have created DB with name 'localhost' and owner 'clinica'. Restart Tomcat but it is does'nt help.
    I reinstall all programs on real system instead virtual machine) and it is work properly now.
This discussion has been closed.