We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Data Export no longer functions after upgrade

Hi, we recently upgraded our system from Postgres 8.4 to 9.3 due to a system conflict.  This necessitated an upgrade from OpenClinica 3.1.4 to  3.4.1. Everything seems to have gone fine and be working, the system's seeing the database and all our data is intact, but when I try to export a dataset, nothing is generated on the server, listed on the export page, and no email is generated by the system.  I've tried to find some solution, but after restarting tomcat and then trying a data export, this is all that my openclinica log shows.  I'm not sure the cause:

01/27 13:19:21 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP INFO   o.a.o.j.OpenClinicaStdSchedulerFactory:1179 - Using default implementation for ThreadExecutor
 01/27 13:19:21 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP INFO   o.a.o.j.OpenClinicaStdSchedulerFactory:1324 - Quartz scheduler 'schedulerFactoryBean' initialized from an externally provided properties instance.
 01/27 13:19:21 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP INFO   o.a.o.j.OpenClinicaStdSchedulerFactory:1328 - Quartz scheduler version: 1.8.6
 01/27 13:19:22 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP INFO   o.a.o.j.OpenClinicaSchedulerFactoryBean:650 - Starting Quartz Scheduler now
 01/27 13:22:01 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP INFO  byarmas o.a.o.c.e.ExportDatasetServlet:513 - action is blank
 01/27 13:22:01 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP INFO  byarmas o.a.o.c.e.ExportDatasetServlet:515 - just set dataset to request
 01/27 13:22:01 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP WARN  byarmas o.a.o.c.e.ExportDatasetServlet:546 -  
 01/27 13:22:01 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP WARN  byarmas o.a.o.c.e.ExportDatasetServlet:547 - file list length: 0
 01/27 13:22:01 [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/EDCS/] FTP WARN  byarmas o.a.o.c.e.ExportDatasetServlet:588 - just set file list to request, sending to page

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, OpenClinica is not approved for PGSQL >8.4!  I know that certain test versions may work in PGSQL 9 and above but certainly nothing to be used in a production environment!
  • byarmas-fscbyarmas-fsc Posts: 40
    kristiak said:
    As far as I know, OpenClinica is not approved for PGSQL >8.4!  I know that certain test versions may work in PGSQL 9 and above but certainly nothing to be used in a production environment!
    Really?  I assumed 8.4 being EoL would've prompted some upwards compatibility in the most recent release.  Would anyone happen to have a hacky solution while I go consult the current OC roadmap?
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    Hi byarmas-fsc

Postgres-9 isn't supported yet. The install instructions (section software dependencies) explicitly state this.
    For example, if the installation instructions refer to PostgreSQL 8.4.7.2, then PostgreSQL 8.4.8 should work successfully too (but not PostgreSQL 9).

Regards,
    Christian
  • agoodwinagoodwin Posts: 131 admin
    via Email
    Hi All,

We currently do not officially support versions greater than 8.4. We have
    done some preliminary testing with newer versions and we do plan to move to
    a newer version but have not confirmed a target release date yet. We can
    keep folks updated and I'll update the road map page again soon.

Best,
    Alicia

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 8:24 AM, haensel
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Without any guarantee what so ever and completely at your own risk, here's the hacky one to use posgresql 9 :

* Recreate 'clinica' user via pgAdmin.

* Recreate 'openclinica' DB with 'clinica' user as the owner via pgAdmin.

* In pgAdmin UI, drop the Extension 'plpgsql' from the 'openclinica' DB.

* Modify OpenClinica's datainfo.properties file in Tomcat to make sure it is pointing at the right DB& user.

* Start OpenClinica Tomcat service. It will crash during the Liquibase portion that populates the DB schema. Wait for it to crash then shut down Tomcat.

* Manually add the following DB entries via pgAdmin:

* INSERT INTO oc_qrtz_job_details

(job_name,job_group,job_class_name,is_durable,is_volatile,is_stateful,requests_recovery)

VALUES

("legacyJobDetail","DEFAULT","org.akaza.openclinica.job.LegacyJobConverterJob",FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE);

* INSERT INTO oc_qrtz_triggers

(trigger_name,trigger_group,job_name,job_group,is_volatile,trigger_state,trigger_type,start_time)

VALUES

("legacyJobTrigger","legacyJobConverter","legacyJobDetail","DEFAULT",FALSE,"WAITING","SIMPLE",1351276858021);

* INSERT INTO oc_qrtz_simple_triggers

(trigger_name,trigger_group,repeat_count,repeat_interval,times_triggered)

VALUES ("legacyJobTrigger","legacyJobConverter",1,1,1);

This discussion has been closed.