We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

SPSS export and extra question

RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
Hi,

In the documentation, we have this:
To avoid duplication [...], certain identifiers and ordinal numbers must be appended to each variable name..These appendages will help identify the event, CRF and item the value was collected in. The identifiers are defined in the header table for tab, HTML, and Excel formats. The identifiers are defined in a separate syntax (.sps) file for SPSS.

Sorry, if this is a silly question but I don't see any header in the .sps file. So, using SPSS, how do you know, what is E1, E2, C1,C2... ?
I'm a little bit lost...

Extra question:
When I export a study in excel, I can't see a CRF in the header (C5), but a blank line instead, and I can see the data. When I export only this CRF (C5) I can see the CRF in the header and the data...do you know why ?

Thanks a lot for your help !



Romain.

Comments

  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
    To illustrate my extra question, please find attached the excel file.

    As you can see, E2 has C3 and C5 but E3 and E4 have nothing (and I dont know what E6 is doing here !)
    E3 should have C6 and C8 and E4 should have C9 and C12 as you can see in the data export part.

    It seems to me that when I re-use a crf in other events, I can't see them in the excel header.
    What can I do ?

    Same behavior on FF/IE/Chrome with OC 3.5
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Sorry for spamming !!

    I'm using the script prvovided by OC to import data into stata (spss to stata).
    In the .sps I've got "ADATE10" or "A10.0" each time my variable is a date. But when importing my data, all my date format become string format in STATA.

    Can you help me ?

    Romain.

  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Hi,

    I hope I'll have more answers for this question !
    Do you know why I have a space in my variables name when I'm exporting my data (all formats)
     WEIGHTLOSS_E4 6_2_C9  F1.0
     PERIPH_E4 6_2_C9  F1.0
     FEVE_E4 6_2_C9  F1.0
     GRADEF_E4 6_2_C9  F1.0
    ...

    You can see a space after E4 and before 6.
    E4 is a repeating event (and I don't know what is this 6)

    Any idea ?

    Romain.

  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hi Romain,
    I can try to answer one of your questions: the one about "how do I know which Event Ex is referring to?" when exporting to SPSS. If you choose in your dataset one or more attributes of the Events, for example the startdate, you will find in your SPPS-syntax file entries like StartDate_E1 "Start Date For V1(E1)" / where in my case V1 is the name of the event.

    As for the spaces in the SPSS varable labels: that's a new one to me. Which version of OC are you using: pre 3.1.3? Your issue sounds like https://jira.openclinica.com/browse/OC-2145 but that was fixed in 3.1.3
    Kind regards,

    Gerben Rienk
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
    1st question: Thanks for answering my first question, it's ok now.
    2nd question: I'm removing the number append to the C, so it's no longer a problem.
    3rd question: I did a little script to change my date format in STATA (string to date), so it should be ok.

    4th question: the only one that remains: Link is not working, can you check it and send it again ? I'm using 3.5.

    Romain.
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Gerben,

    I managed to open your link, thank you.
    Do you know why I still have this issue in OC 3.5. Do you know any workaround ?

    Thanks,

    Romain.
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hi Romain,
    Could you maybe send the same dataset, extracted both in ODM1.3 and in SPSS?
    Thank you,
    Gerben Rienk
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Please find attached the ODM and SPSS files from a dummy study.

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    Romain.
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hi Romain,
    Look at the protocol part of your metadata: something went wrong with the ordernumbers of the events:

    <Protocol>
    <StudyEventRef StudyEventOID="SE_SCREENING" OrderNumber="1" Mandatory="Yes"/>
    <StudyEventRef StudyEventOID="SE_FOLLOWUPW1" OrderNumber="2" Mandatory="Yes"/>
    <StudyEventRef StudyEventOID="SE_FOLLOWUPW2" OrderNumber="3" Mandatory="Yes"/>
    <StudyEventRef StudyEventOID="SE_UNSCHEDULED" OrderNumber="4" Mandatory="Yes"/>
    <StudyEventRef StudyEventOID="SE_CONCOMITANTMEDECINE_8408" OrderNumber="4" Mandatory="Yes"/>
    <StudyEventRef StudyEventOID="SE_UNSCHEDULED" OrderNumber="4" Mandatory="Yes"/>
    <StudyEventRef StudyEventOID="SE_ADVERSEEVENT_4494" OrderNumber="7" Mandatory="Yes"/>
    <StudyEventRef StudyEventOID="SE_CLOSURE_6249" OrderNumber="7" Mandatory="Yes"/>
    </Protocol>

    It's 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 7, 7.
    Go to your list of StudyEvents in Build-Study, re-order anything and but it then back in the original position. This will "reset" the order-numbers.
    Then re-try the export to SPSS.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk 
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Thanks a lot for your help Gerben, it works.
    I don't know what I did wrong though.

    Thank you,

    Romain.
This discussion has been closed.