We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

OpenClinica Upgrade to 3.8 -Not starting

I had a working OpenClinica 3.1, But when I upgraded to Openclinica 3.8(followed exactly the same steps as mentioned https://github.com/OpenClinica/OpenClinica/wiki/Upgrade-to-OpenClinica-3.x-on-Linux.

but the error I get
HTTP Status 404 - /OpenClinica/index.html

type Status report

message /OpenClinica/index.html

description The requested resource (/OpenClinica/index.html) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.26

The /var/lib/tomcat7/logs/localhost.2015..log file gives the following error
Dec 28, 2015 1:46:57 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Dec 28, 2015 1:47:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer#0' defined in URL [jar:file:/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/OpenClinica-ws/WEB-INF/lib/OpenClinica-core-3.8.jar!/org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'dataInfoProperties' while setting bean property 'properties'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'coreResources' defined in URL [jar:file:/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/OpenClinica-ws/WEB-INF/lib/OpenClinica-core-3.8.jar!/org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-spring.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.akaza.openclinica.exception.OpenClinicaSystemException: Copying files, Could not create direcotry: /var/lib/tomcat7/${filePath}xslt.
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:328)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:106)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1325)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1086)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:626)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:407)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:276)

What mistake I am making

I have tomcat 7 jdk 7 and postgres 8.4 running
java version "1.7.0_91"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.3) (7u91-2.6.3-0ubuntu0.12.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.91-b01, mixed mode)

[email protected]:~# psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.4.17
contains support for command-line editing

any help is appreciated

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Hi Kavita,
    Can you check what the right are in /var/lib/tomcat7 ? It looks like tomcat7 can not create the necessary folders. You could try stopping tomcat and then
    cd /var/lib
    chown -R tomcat7:tomcat7 tomcat7
    and then starting tomcat7 again
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • KavitaRegeKavitaRege Posts: 27
    Hi Gerben,

Thanks for your reply, I reinstalled Openclinica3.8 after making changes mentioned by you, now I get the following error

FAIL - Application at context path /OpenClinica could not be started
    FAIL - Encountered exception org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/OpenClinica]]

Thank you
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Can you stop tomcat, delete the logs, start tomcat again, zip/tar all the logs and upload them? Then we can have a look. Many thanks.
  • KavitaRegeKavitaRege Posts: 27
    Thanks for your help, I managed to fix the error, I shutdown and restarted the VM, and it started working :)
This discussion has been closed.