We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

"lock" a certain field

Michelle_DMichelle_D Posts: 107
Hi All,
is it possible to 'lock' a specific field once data has been entered and 'Save' has been pressed? I have a question where we don't want the user to have the ability to go in again and change the data. Is something like this possible?
Thanks.
Michelle

Answers

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hi Michelle,
    Would a discrepancy on change be close enough to your target? If so, you could make a second item called Copy. Then you would make an insert action with the value of item Original. This will be triggered on save.
    Then you make a discrepancy-note-action, executing when the expression
    Original eq Full.Path.To.Copy
    evaluates to false.
    This expression will not be evaluated at all on the first save-click, because OpenClinica will try to retreive the value of Full.Path.To.Copy out of the database, but nothing is there yet.
    Second save-click however, there will be a value for Copy and when this is different from Original a discrepancy will be created.
    All within the normal settings of OpenClinica.

Of course you could write a bit of javascript to literally do what you describe, namely lock an item on save, but I can not imagine you would like to have that, as not only the user, but anyone would be unable to change the item.

Hope this helps,
    Gerben Rienk
  • Michelle_DMichelle_D Posts: 107
    via Email
    Thanks a lot for your reply.
    From what you wrote I understand that if the User tries to enter new data after the original, when they hit 'save' the field will enter the original data again and an alert will appear explaining that this data cannot be changed.... etc. Did I understand correctly?

Michelle Danieli
    Data Manager & Accounts
    A.Stein-Regulatory Affairs Consulting Ltd.

E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel: +972-9-7670002
    Fax: +972-9-7668534
    A. Stein -Regulatory Affairs Consulting Ltd.
    20 HaTa'as St. (P.O.B. 124)
    Beit Hapa'amon Bldg (Suite 102)
    Kfar Saba 4442520
    ISRAEL