We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Active Directory and username characters

Hello,

I have OpenClinica 3.2 up and running and have integrated AD.  I can see the users in the openclinica group when I go to add a user.  However, all of the users have usernames in the format of firstname.lastname and the form errors with "The input you provided is not a valid user name in at least 5 alphanumeric or underscore characters format".  Is there any simple way to allow the "." character, or can I modify the form validator class to allow it without any negative side effects?

Answers

• agoodwinagoodwin Posts: 131 admin
    Hello,

I believe the validation is just client-side and I don't *THINK* there are any particular negative affects of allowing the "." though this has not been tested / is not officially supported.
    I wouldn't expect any issues with this.

• mabamaba Posts: 2
    I have a similar problem. Could someone point me to where I can modify the form validator class? I need to change the minimum length to 4 characters
  • mabamaba Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    I changed the reg ex to "[A-Za-z0-9_]{3,}" Works fine for me.
    Is there a reason why LDAP / AD user names have to be "[A-Za-z0-9_]{5,}" in OpenClinica? If not, I would suggest to omit this check completely, at least for LDAP users.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Hello Maba,

I have the same problem with the username length. Can you tell me where you changed the regular expression to allow for shorter usernames.

Regards,
    Marco