We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Secondary ID

Hi,
When clicking on ''Add subject' is there a way to make the Secondary ID a required field in the study build process?

Answers

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    Yes you can set it as required in Study Parameter Configuration

Best

Krister
  • Michelle_DMichelle_D Posts: 107
    Is this what the "Person ID required" refers to?
    I see no mention of a "secondary ID"
    I tried with the Person ID. this creates a new 'Person ID' field. Please tell me how you make the secondary ID required. perhaps my OC version is old and this function is not available on my3.3 version?
  • ebsebs Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Secondary ID and Person ID are two separate things.

- Secondary ID is an alternative ID for the Study itself.
    - Person ID is an alternative ID for a person which can/could be used across studies for different subject ids. For example, Person Id 1234 could be subject ID 111 in study A but also subject ID 222 in study B.

Both are configurable via Tasks/Build Study/Create Study(edit)
    Thank you for the explanation but I still could not see where I can make the Secondary ID a required field in the Study Parameter Configuration section
    You can also create this as a required field e.g. on the first screen that you come to. I do not know if it was possible in such an old version. We always work with the latest version.

Hi Kristiak, on the screen shot you sent i don't see where you can edit the Secondary ID. It doesn't mention a secondary ID under the SPC section. Only the Person ID. So I am thinking that this is probably not possible.
    Unless anyone has managed to do so and can tell me exactly where they went in to to do this.
    Hi Michelle.
    The Secondary ID you create under TASKS, BUILD STUDY, CREATE SITES. The Secondary ID is used to define the individual sites in more detail. But you talked about Creating subjects, and this is the screen clipp I added.

Best regards
    Krister