We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

LDAP (Active Directory) configuration for community edition, version 3.13

I have community edition Version: 3.13 running on a CentOS 6.8 server.

I configured LDAP and it works to the extend that I can query our Active Directory server for user IDs and add AD users to OpenClinica. But I can not sign in with a AD user ID.

Error messages: 'Your User Name and Password combination could not be found. Please try again. If you continue to have trouble, please click "Forgot Password" or contact the Administrator.'

I the process of configuration (modifying webapps/OpenClinica/WEB-INF/classes/datainfo.properties), I noticed a note for configuration number 21 as below:
-----
# 21 - LDAP/Active Directory configuration
#
# IMPORTANT: To use LDAP, the property of the configuration number '10 - change_passwd_required' must be set to '0'
-----
I cannot locate "configuration number '10" in the configuration file, in fact, number 7 is also missing.

Can someone please advice if my sing in problem is related to this and where can I find the configuration file that has number 10. (I have made some effort to search and found ALL smaple configuration files missing 7 and 10).

Thanks in advance!

Qing Chang

Answers

• BinaryVisionBinaryVision Posts: 42
    Is the AD account used for querying LDAP working successfully with another LDAP config in your environment? I have seen restrictions in AD that prevent certain accounts authenticating passwords through LDAP. Listing objects in AD and all properties of each object/account are different.

Probably not the issue but worth consideration.
  • ebsebs ✭✭ Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Did you change the datainfo.properties file at /openclinica.config rather than the one in the webapps directory?
  • tmpchqtmpchq Posts: 3
    Yes, I do have the file in /openclinica.config. in fact I delete /openclinica.config every time before I modify the file at the webapp class location, it seems to be created automatically when tomcat is started.
  • tmpchqtmpchq Posts: 3
    I wonder if any one can answer my question about the missing configuration items please?? We have given up configuring LDAP but for my curiosity, I'd like to know there 7 and 10 are gone...