We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

2 re-occurring exceptions in logs

Dear developer-group,
Since a couple of weeks I'm responsible for a production instance of OpenClinica (version 3.1.2 running as a Window-service). The OpenClinica application is used at our hospital and other sites with great satisfaction! It is a powerful tool for clinical research and the trial-modeling capabilities are impressive.
I've noticed that the 2 exceptions listed below often appear in the logs but I don't hear anything from users experiencing problems. Could you kindly explain how/why these exception occur and if they possibly adversely affect the operation of OpenClinica? The X's are the users ID's.
09/26 15:26:19 [OpenClinica] USER ERROR XXXXXXXX o.a.o.c.s.UploadFileServlet:578 - java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -26
09/26 15:08:48 [OpenClinica] USER ERROR XXXXXXXX o.a.o.c.s.CheckCRFLocked:578 - java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
TIA,
Jacob
Jacob Rousseau
VU University Medical Center
Dept. of Medical Oncology (Room 3A18)
De Boelelaan 1117
1081 HV Amsterdam

Comments

• drodriguesdrodrigues Posts: 18
    Hi Jacob,
    We have observed the same exceptions while running our tests for 3.1.3, and both of them were already addressed in the following issues:
    https://issuetracker.openclinica.com/view.php?id=13591
    https://issuetracker.openclinica.com/view.php?id=15199
    Kindly,
    Douglas
    On 27-Sep-12 5:35 AM, Rousseau, J.B.I. wrote:
    > Dear developer-group,
    >
    > Since a couple of weeks I'm responsible for a production instance of OpenClinica (version 3.1.2 running as a Window-service). The OpenClinica application is used at our hospital and other sites with great satisfaction! It is a powerful tool for clinical research and the trial-modeling capabilities are impressive.
    >
    > I've noticed that the 2 exceptions listed below often appear in the logs but I don't hear anything from users experiencing problems. Could you kindly explain how/why these exception occur and if they possibly adversely affect the operation of OpenClinica? The X's are the users ID's.
    >
    > 09/26 15:26:19 [OpenClinica] USER ERROR XXXXXXXX o.a.o.c.s.UploadFileServlet:578 - java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -26
    > 09/26 15:08:48 [OpenClinica] USER ERROR XXXXXXXX o.a.o.c.s.CheckCRFLocked:578 - java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jacob
    >
    > Jacob Rousseau
    > VU University Medical Center
    > Dept. of Medical Oncology (Room 3A18)
    > De Boelelaan 1117
    > 1081 HV Amsterdam
    >
    >
    >