We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

OC Web Services question

Hello,
I am trying to set up the web services on our test server. The server is running OC 3.1.4, and I am trying to set up OC 3.1.4 web services to go along with that. When I try to load the OpenClinica-ws URL, I get a page that says "Welcome to OpenClinica Web Services" on one side, but it does not have the login boxes, like the main OC page does. The news block says "loading", but does not actually appear to be loading anything, unlike the main OC page. I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on where I've gone wrong?
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Joan Ray
Systems Analyst
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Columbus, OH

Comments

• joan_rayjoan_ray Posts: 21
    Hello,
    I am trying to set up the web services on our test server. The server is running OC 3.1.4, and I am trying to set up OC 3.1.4 web services to go along with that. When I try to load the OpenClinica-ws URL, I get a page that says "Welcome to OpenClinica Web Services" on one side, but it does not have the login boxes, like the main OC page does. The news block says "loading", but does not actually appear to be loading anything, unlike the main OC page. I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on where I've gone wrong?
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
  • mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Hello,

If you see that page, you are all set. To use web services, you need to use a tool such as SOAP UI or call web services from your code. OC web services documentation here:

https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/technical-documents/openclinica-web-services-guide

Hope this helps,

MIhai
    Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 9:53 AM
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: [Developers] OC Web Services question

Hello,

Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
  • vic-avic-a Posts: 20
    You are all ready to go. Just test with SOAP UI @ https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/technical-documents/openclinica-web-services-guide/testing-soap-ui
    Let me know if any questions.
    On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Ray, Joan wrote:
    Hello,
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
  • joan_rayjoan_ray Posts: 21
    Hello,
    Ah, thank you so much! From the instructions I was looking at (on the Linux installation page), it said that there would be a welcome page, but I definitely didn't have a feel for how that should look.
    We will now start to look into actually using the web services. I'll definitely be in touch if we have any questions with that.
    Thanks again!
    Joan
    Reply-To: "[email protected]"
    Date: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:57 AM
    To: "[email protected]"
    Subject: Re: [Developers] OC Web Services question
    Hello,

If you see that page, you are all set. To use web services, you need to use a tool such as SOAP UI or call web services from your code. OC web services documentation here:

https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/technical-documents/openclinica-web-services-guide

Hope this helps,

MIhai
    Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 9:53 AM
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: [Developers] OC Web Services question

Hello,

Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
This discussion has been closed.