We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

New CRF Page Upload and Changing the Doses data type to Real Instead of int

Hi ,
I want to Upload New CRF Page and Changing the Doses data type to Real Instead of int . Is it possible , what set of configuration is required for this .
Thanks ,
Ajay Kumar

Comments

• ajayjiitajayjiit Posts: 52
    Hi ,
    I want to Upload New CRF Page and Changing the Doses data type to Real Instead of int . Is it possible , what set of configuration is required for this .
    Thanks ,
    Ajay Kumar
  • tdpurnattdpurnat Posts: 126
    Hi Ajay,
    you cannot change an item's data type once you have used it in a CRF and you have linked the CRF to an event and/or used it to collect data in it already.
    What you can do is to remove the item form the Excel CRF definition, add a new item with a different item name into the spot where the old item was in previous CRF version.
    Save as new CRF version, upload.
    Tina
    ----------
    Why are my emails so terse? emailcharter.org
    2013/10/9 Ajay Jha
    Hi ,
    Thanks ,
    Ajay Kumar
  • juan.debonisjuan.debonis Posts: 36
    Tina,
    thank you for the answer. Let me go further on Ajay question. Regarding data migration to newer CRF version, correct me if I'm wrong:
    pre OC 3.1.3, the item OID would change, so when uploading previous extracted data, item OID should be changed also, and imported, right?
    OC 3.1.3 and newer: form is easily changed between versions but, int item will not be migrated, winch is the scenario?
    A) previously extracted data processed to get only the new item OID to be imported (added to the already existing data)
    B) data cannot be imported from previous extracted data and old int item, must be entered again
    Thanks again. Regards, Juan.

Juan De Bonis
    3Eff S.A.
    Phone: +54 (11) 4773-1685
    Fax: +54 (11) 4772-5063
    Esta comunicación es de carácter confidencial y está amparada por el secreto profesional y se dirige exclusivamente al destinatario indicado. Todo lector del presente mensaje quedará debidamente notificado que la divulgación, modificación, reproducción o uso de la información aquí contenida por cualquier otra persona que no sea la indicada como destinataria del mismo, queda terminantemente prohibida. Si Ud. no fuera la persona a la que el presente e-mail está destinado, le agradeceremos nos lo informe a la brevedad respondiendo este e-mail a la dirección del remitente y elimine de su sistema el mensaje recibido. Muchas gracias.
    This message includes legally privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. All readers of this message other than the intended recipient are hereby notified that any dissemination, modification, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, is strictly forbidden. Please inform us by replying this e-mail immediately to sender's e-mail address and delete it from your system. Thank you.
    El 09/10/2013 02:25 p.m., Tina D Purnat escribió:
    > Hi Ajay,
    >
    > you cannot change an item's data type once you have used it in a CRF and you have linked the CRF to an event and/or used it to collect data in it already.
    >
    > What you can do is to remove the item form the Excel CRF definition, add a new item with a different item name into the spot where the old item was in previous CRF version.
    >
    > Save as new CRF version, upload.
    >
    > Tina
    >
    >
    >
    > ----------
    > Skype: tdpurnat | Office: +49 89 38 03 89 67
    >
    > Why are my emails so terse? emailcharter.org
    >
    >
    > 2013/10/9 Ajay Jha
    >
    > Hi ,
    > I want to Upload New CRF Page and Changing the Doses data type to Real Instead of int . Is it possible , what set of configuration is required for this .
    >
    > Thanks ,
    > Ajay Kumar
    >
    >
    >
    >
  • tdpurnattdpurnat Posts: 126
    Hi Juan,
    I haven't tested this myself with 3.1.4. In this scenario from Ajay, he was asking how to change an INT to a REAL. So all integers in old dataset fit into the new definition of the REAL. In this case, if you want to reupload previously extracted data you'd need to edit the XML file and change the target item OID into the new (REAL) (assuming you didn't change anything else in the CRF definition).
    This is a drastic measure of replacing valid data data with an import, I have always tried to avoid this.
    If you migrate the CRF versions via web interface, you are correct, the old data item is not migrated to the new version. it is not possible to make mappings of items between the CRF versions - either an item exists in both the source and target CRF version (and item values are migrated), or it doesn't (and item values from ol dversion is dropped, while in the new valid CRF version, the new item value is empty).
    Best,
    Tina
    ----------
    Why are my emails so terse? emailcharter.org
    2013/10/9 Juan De Bonis
    Tina,
    thank you for the answer. Let me go further on Ajay question. Regarding data migration to newer CRF version, correct me if I'm wrong:
    pre OC 3.1.3, the item OID would change, so when uploading previous extracted data, item OID should be changed also, and imported, right?
    OC 3.1.3 and newer: form is easily changed between versions but, int item will not be migrated, winch is the scenario?
    A) previously extracted data processed to get only the new item OID to be imported (added to the already existing data)
    B) data cannot be imported from previous extracted data and old int item, must be entered again
    Thanks again. Regards, Juan.

Juan De Bonis
    3Eff S.A.
    Phone: +54 (11) 4773-1685
    Fax: +54 (11) 4772-5063
    Esta comunicación es de carácter confidencial y está amparada por el secreto profesional y se dirige exclusivamente al destinatario indicado. Todo lector del presente mensaje quedará debidamente notificado que la divulgación, modificación, reproducción o uso de la información aquí contenida por cualquier otra persona que no sea la indicada como destinataria del mismo, queda terminantemente prohibida. Si Ud. no fuera la persona a la que el presente e-mail está destinado, le agradeceremos nos lo informe a la brevedad respondiendo este e-mail a la dirección del remitente y elimine de su sistema el mensaje recibido. Muchas gracias.
    This message includes legally privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. All readers of this message other than the intended recipient are hereby notified that any dissemination, modification, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, is strictly forbidden. Please inform us by replying this e-mail immediately to sender's e-mail address and delete it from your system. Thank you.
    El 09/10/2013 02:25 p.m., Tina D Purnat escribió:
    > Hi Ajay,
    >
    > you cannot change an item's data type once you have used it in a CRF and you have linked the CRF to an event and/or used it to collect data in it already.
    >
    > What you can do is to remove the item form the Excel CRF definition, add a new item with a different item name into the spot where the old item was in previous CRF version.
    >
    > Save as new CRF version, upload.
    >
    > Tina
    >
    >
    >
    > ----------
    > Skype: tdpurnat | Office: +49 89 38 03 89 67
    >
    > Why are my emails so terse? emailcharter.org
    >
    >
    > 2013/10/9 Ajay Jha
    >
    > Hi ,
    > I want to Upload New CRF Page and Changing the Doses data type to Real Instead of int . Is it possible , what set of configuration is required for this .
    >
    > Thanks ,
    > Ajay Kumar
    >
    >
    >
    >
This discussion has been closed.