User feedback on OpenClinica

Hello,

I'd like to use these mailing lists for productive discussion and feedback on OpenClinica. We've had some excellent discussion thus far on the developers' list, and want to see the users' list become more active as well. I thought we'd start by putting forth a few questions to the group to find out how people are using OpenClinica in their organizations. If you can take a minute to answer the few questions below, we'd appreciate it.

- Have you downloaded the OpenClinica software? If so, what is the most recent version?

- How are you currently using OpenClinica? (installing, evaluating, using for a single study, using for multiple studies)

- What type of clinical research are you involved in? (domain, study type - phase I-III, device, observational, other)

- What other software applications have you used for clinical trial management/edc/analysis?

- What features would you like to see in future versions of OpenClinica?

- What other comments or suggestions do you have about OpenClinica?

- What is your role in clinical research at your organization?

We appreciate your feedback; it will help make OpenClinica a much stronger platform in the future. Feel free to reply to the list if you want to share your findings with all or respond to me directly at [email protected]

This message has been posted to the OpenClinica-users and OpenClinica-developers list. Apologies if you are receiving it twice. As a reminder, you can manage your mailing list subscriptions by logging in to OpenClinica.org and clicking on 'My User Profile', then 'Update Your Profile'.

Regards,
Jaron

Jaron Sampson
Software Engineer
Akaza Research
One Kendall Square
Bldg. 400, 4th Fl
Cambridge, MA 02139
tel: 617.621.8585 x.15
fax: 617.621.0065
[email protected]

Comments

• jaronjaron Posts: 30
    Hello,

I'd like to use these mailing lists for productive discussion and feedback on OpenClinica. We've had some excellent discussion thus far on the developers' list, and want to see the users' list become more active as well. I thought we'd start by putting forth a few questions to the group to find out how people are using OpenClinica in their organizations. If you can take a minute to answer the few questions below, we'd appreciate it.

- Have you downloaded the OpenClinica software? If so, what is the most recent version?

- How are you currently using OpenClinica? (installing, evaluating, using for a single study, using for multiple studies)

- What type of clinical research are you involved in? (domain, study type - phase I-III, device, observational, other)

- What other software applications have you used for clinical trial management/edc/analysis?

We appreciate your feedback; it will help make OpenClinica a much stronger platform in the future. Feel free to reply to the list if you want to share your findings with all or respond to me directly at [email protected]

This message has been posted to the OpenClinica-users and OpenClinica-developers list. Apologies if you are receiving it twice. As a reminder, you can manage your mailing list subscriptions by logging in to OpenClinica.org and clicking on 'My User Profile', then 'Update Your Profile'.

Regards,
    Jaron

Jaron Sampson
    Software Engineer
    Akaza Research
    One Kendall Square
    Bldg. 400, 4th Fl
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    [email protected]
  • installing, evaluating
    Cardiovascular Research fro educational Institution
    Clintrial (Phase Forward)
    Skips. If Yes to a question 1 goto Question 5 else Question 2 , If the user changes Q1 answer to No all the answers for Q2-Q5 be cleared.Batch loading Lab Data into the main protocol, Export the data into SAS.
    Simplify the main page. The main page for a protocol looks busy. The Data entry person should see less buttons.
    Systems Analyst
    Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:44 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] User feedback on OpenClinica

Hello,

Regards,
    Jaron

Jaron Sampson
    Software Engineer
    Akaza Research
    One Kendall Square
    Bldg. 400, 4th Fl
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    [email protected]
  • Just adding my two bits.
    1. Yes, Openclinica 1.0 for Windows install
    2. Installing and adapting OpenClinica, have purchased server and in process of installation
    3. We are adapting the system to track the epidemiology and certain phenotype features of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Patients around Europe, it would be ranked possibly as an observational study.
    4. The plan is to integrate with Integrated Genome Browser, i.e. anonymous phenotype and genotype data in one location.
    5. Features for future use would include ability to upload images and associate with a patient. The ability to adapt CRFs e.g. a form which take in information such as weight and height but will calculate BMI automatically while still allowing users to enter just BMI if no other info is available.
    6. Possibly allowing a feature such as an autonumber/code when registering a patient, might be suitable for the unique identifier, i.e. apply a code based on research center location e.g. uk 0001 might be the first patient for the uk centre,
    7. neurology researcher.
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tue 21/02/2006 15:44
    Cc:
    Hello,
    I'd like to use these mailing lists for productive discussion and
    feedback on OpenClinica. We've had some excellent discussion thus far on
    the developers' list, and want to see the users' list become more active
    as well. I thought we'd start by putting forth a few questions to the
    group to find out how people are using OpenClinica in their
    organizations. If you can take a minute to answer the few questions
    below, we'd appreciate it.
    - Have you downloaded the OpenClinica software? If so, what is the most
    recent version?
    - How are you currently using OpenClinica? (installing, evaluating,
    using for a single study, using for multiple studies)
    - What type of clinical research are you involved in? (domain, study
    type - phase I-III, device, observational, other)
    - What other software applications have you used for clinical trial
    management/edc/analysis?
    We appreciate your feedback; it will help make OpenClinica a much
    stronger platform in the future. Feel free to reply to the list if you
    want to share your findings with all or respond to me directly at
    [email protected]
    This message has been posted to the OpenClinica-users and
    OpenClinica-developers list. Apologies if you are receiving it twice. As
    a reminder, you can manage your mailing list subscriptions by logging in
    to OpenClinica.org and clicking on 'My User Profile', then 'Update Your
    Profile'.
    Regards,
    Jaron
    Jaron Sampson
    Software Engineer
    Akaza Research
    One Kendall Square
    Bldg. 400, 4th Fl
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    [email protected]
  • 2- Trying to install (Java is causing problems)
    3- We are mostly involved with Phase III studies and also conduct numerous drug safety boards
    4- In-house developed data mgmt system (written in SAS)
    5- Have not successfully installed it yet (see answer#2)
    6- It would be nice if the OpenClinica hotlink to Sun Java pointed directly to the appropriate download file, so users didn’t have to find it on Sun’s site.
    7- Statistical programmer
    Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:44 AM

Hello,

Regards,
    Jaron

Jaron Sampson
    Software Engineer
    Akaza Research
    One Kendall Square
    Bldg. 400, 4th Fl
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    [email protected]
  • 1. I should be able to generate reports from the protocol data and the lab data.
    2. I have DNA sample data on the participants in my study. I should be able to create a database and also track the amount of DNA on each participant.
    3. I should also be able to write customize programs for my protocols

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:12 AM
    To: 'Jaron Sampson'; '[email protected]'
    Subject: RE: [Users] User feedback on OpenClinica

OpenClinica 1.0 for Windows
    installing, evaluating
    Cardiovascular Research fro educational Institution
    Clintrial (Phase Forward)
    Skips. If Yes to a question 1 goto Question 5 else Question 2 , If the user changes Q1 answer to No all the answers for Q2-Q5 be cleared.Batch loading Lab Data into the main protocol, Export the data into SAS.
    Simplify the main page. The main page for a protocol looks busy. The Data entry person should see less buttons.
    Systems Analyst
    Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:44 AM

Hello,

Regards,
    Jaron

Jaron Sampson
    Software Engineer
    Akaza Research
    One Kendall Square
    Bldg. 400, 4th Fl
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.